Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
My mate had that exhaust on his SV650, just the can. The V-Twin unleashed its sounds with it! :D

Oh I like noise!! :p
That will be the one for me. I have noted that my bike will need the exhaust cutting as it is fully welded, where should I cut it? (Unless I have the wrong end of the stick :confused:)

This is the best picture I have:
rQY9uoW.jpg

Hopefully I can ride it late next week, should all my tests go well! :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Just ordered some M5 20mm long screws to make the camera mount more discrete.

BTW I've just flashed 1.2.13 firmware with 35mbps that works only on high compared to 15mbps that is in the original firmware. The difference is amazing, now I'm just doing a script for noise reduction and better saturation. Another thing I've ordered is IR Lens for the Xiaomi. :p

@TallPaul_S, if you're interested in modifying yours, let me know. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oh I like noise!! :p
That will be the one for me. I have noted that my bike will need the exhaust cutting as it is fully welded, where should I cut it? (Unless I have the wrong end of the stick :confused:)

This is the best picture I have:
rQY9uoW.jpg

Hopefully I can ride it late next week, should all my tests go well! :D

Yep you need to cut the stock end can off on the SV, there's instructions on where to measure and cut with the exhaust or plenty online if you do a quick Google.
I've got the Scorpion carbon fibre Serket on mine, it's very nice :cool:

Man of Honour
A sneak peek at Monday's video:
20160208%20-%20Grimselpass%20Ascent%20-%20Mountainpass%20Roulette.jpg

This was an awesome road!

Soldato
Had a day training today. I learned some important things.

Even when it is sold as 'waterproof' it is typically anything but. Also, I'm going to invest in some waterproof socks!

Was very rusty in the morning we did a mock test and at the end my instructor asked how I thought I did. I replied with ****ing ****e and he laughed and said pretty much :D but I put that down to not being on a bike since pre-chrisrtmas.

after lunch we went back out and he was shocked at how much better I was riding and said If i could keep to that standard I should be able to pass. As someone with very little prior experience and hasn't ridden in a month or so I done really well.

The radio also stopped working for the last 2 hours so that was quite fun as when I was riding ahead I just felt like I was by myself and he said I was looking really confident and like a complete different rider than I was in the morning.

Got all day tomorrow to brush up on some things and then all I can do is give it my all on Tuesday.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
How many of you own or have owned a adventure bike of some sort? I've added Yamaha Tenere XT660Z onto the list, no sure if its a good idea...

Soldato
How many of you own or have owned a adventure bike of some sort? I've added Yamaha Tenere XT660Z onto the list, no sure if its a good idea...

How tall are you? They're not short bikes so if you're lacking in height they may not be for you. Also they're a single so not the best for long distance stuff.

Try and get a test ride on anything and everything you like the look of, then you'll know what you like and don't like.

Adventure bikes can be awesome, but that genre covers a lot of bikes - from extreme off road bikes with 21" front wheels that can go round the world, to 160bhp 'sports bikes in heels' that can keep up with the best naked or sports bikes.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
187cm tall, getting test rides with A2 license is impossible for most bikes I like due to the stupid restriction laws... I'll most likely end up with a naked or a sport-tourer... :(

Last edited:
Associate

If you're looking into adventure type bikes, check out the F 650/700/800 GS bikes, and the V-strom, perhaps tiger 800.

I've been on a friends f800gs and that felt perfect (I'm 6'2") - so am leaning towards that style of bike. Bikes made for shorter people cramp my legs.

Back
Top Bottom