OcUK Motorbike Meet 2012 *Interest and ideas*

Soldato
I bet the type of people who'd want to stand there all day with a speed gun would be old codgers with nothing better to do and their cataracts will stop them from reading the numberplates anyway.

Also the fastest thing that overtook me on "The Road" that day was a bloody car :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Well they are only worried about the 30mph bit/bits so there's not really a problem in the twistys. What made me laugh is that all they do is send you a strongly worded letter, If you are brave enough to ignore a few letters then the Police will pop round to give you a good telling off. :( + :D = :p

Associate
I bet the type of people who'd want to stand there all day with a speed gun would be old codgers with nothing better to do and their cataracts will stop them from reading the numberplates anyway.

A couple of years ago one of the villages around here had a group with a speed gun. As soon as the weather turned I saw them less and less frequently. They eventually disappeared altogether.

Soldato
Bumped this thread for a good reason, You'll like this & those that came to the meet will laugh with me.

"The Road" can now be openly named as the A444 starting from A5 end.
On the news today I heard they are issuing local villagers with Speed guns in an attempt to calm down the Speeders.
In good old fashioned Midland style though the people caught won't be prosecuted they will just receive a Warning letter. :D
You gotta love the bike friendly Midlands. :cool:

They did this in my local village, was a spectacular own goal as most of the people caught were from the village, including a number of them that had been vocal in condemning the speeders in the first place :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Must be about time to start thinking about the First meet of the year soon give All of us something decent to look forward to. :cool:

Weather was nice enough for a ride out today here in the Midlands I only wish I had have been strong enough to get the bike out. :o

Man of Honour
Must be about time to start thinking about the First meet of the year soon give All of us something decent to look forward to. :cool:

Weather was nice enough for a ride out today here in the Midlands I only wish I had have been strong enough to get the bike out. :o

I've just booked Thursday and Friday off and the forecast is looking good albeit a little chilly at the minute :cool:

Soldato
Has anyone got this footage?

Surely ElliorR does :p

Unfortunately not. Youtube "lost" my channel and when they found it the videos were all gone never to be seen again. I had built a new PC by then and didn't bother keeping the originals. Shame as I'd like to see Agnes tear arse past me on his 1098S down 4T5's special road.

Soldato
I just had to read back through it :D Didn't even have my K5 then, not sure if I was bikeless or on the Triple. :D

You were on your thou mate. Breaking in a new rear tyre if I remember correctly.

But yes, The SV is gone and the CBR is in it's place so can't say I'll have the same bike this time round

edit: Ah this is the 2012 meet. Thought it was about last years meet

Last edited:
Soldato
Unfortunately not. Youtube "lost" my channel and when they found it the videos were all gone never to be seen again. I had built a new PC by then and didn't bother keeping the originals. Shame as I'd like to see Agnes tear arse past me on his 1098S down 4T5's special road.

Ah, that's a shame :p

Yea, loved that vid.

Back
Top Bottom