Faulty Item - what can i do?

Soldato
Still cant work out why you want someone to sort out a product after 3 years, its bizarre.

Everyone has made it quite clear what you're entitled to and yet you continue to harangue the seller.

Soldato
OP
Still cant work out why you want someone to sort out a product after 3 years, its bizarre.

Everyone has made it quite clear what you're entitled to and yet you continue to harangue the seller.

"Harangue" lol. The situation is pretty much over now.

All I can do now is repair the thing myself.

Caporegime
It would cost more than £60 to get someone to look at it and write a report, if TM can assure you its definitely the PCB (which sounds difficult, so I would triple check using google) then Id go for that. Only problem is how difficult is it for you to replace the PCB...

I can see DAIRs perspective purely because its a wheel which generally dont get used anywhere near as much as other input devices yet cost a fair amount more. 3 years of ownership could amount to double digit of hours of usage - unfortunately it doesnt really help in such a situation.

At least it sounds like TM are providing decent CS

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Consumer Rights Act 2015

Six months or more

After the first six months the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time of delivery.

In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems across the product range.

You have six years to take a claim to the small claims court for faulty goods in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and five years in Scotland.

This doesn't mean that a product has to last six years - just that you have this length of time in which to make a claim if a retailer refuses to repair or replace a faulty product.

It's quite amusing the amount of times I have seen this quoted on the forum in relation to sales made before the 1st of October 2015.

Soldato
OP
so how did u get on in the end, did u get a new PCB ?

I got the pcb last week.

Today I went out and purchased some screw drivers and a soldering kit. Got home around 7pm and got to work

Faulty board

Its taken almost 3 hours to complete a 20 min job. I haven't used a soldering iron since secondary school... I hope I never have to use one again. It's been a painful process.. burnt myself multiple times.

Anyway once fully connected and resealed. I plugged it in. And powered it on. Nothing happened :( . At that point I was thinking **** this. I'm not giving up. So I put the usb cable into my PC...... The bloody wheel started to boot up. I almost cried. I'm so happy right now lol

The power light.... It's shines!!!

Soldato
[SKR]Phoenix;29169409 said:
Haha burnt himself MULTIPLE times with the soldering iron! You'd have thought after the first time he would have learnt not to touch the hot part! :D

Also... 3 hours!!!

From reading this Thread he was probably holding it on the wrong end for the first 2 Hours and 45 minutes...

Associate
From reading this Thread he was probably holding it on the wrong end for the first 2 Hours and 45 minutes...

Whilst writing a strongly worded email to the manufacture about how their product was faulty in some way and demanding compensation.

/Salsa

Back
Top Bottom