2 Player boardgames

Associate
It's called brain damage, mate. :D

Haven't seen you in a while. Are you busy?

Had three days off work since the start of November. Christmas Day, Boxing Day and one day with sickness. I'll hopefully make it back to the game nights in a month or two. Just really busy at the moment.

Back on topic. A great two player game is FFGs Battlelore second edition. However I'm unsure if your partner would like this one. At least mine doesn't!

Associate
I will always recommend Zombicide, as its a game that can be played co-op together.
The girlfriend wasnt really into playing board games before buying this and now loves it. Im sure if was a me vs her type of game, we would have played it once and then probably shelved it

Soldato
Back on topic. A great two player game is FFGs Battlelore second edition. However I'm unsure if your partner would like this one. At least mine doesn't!

I make do with Battlelore 2nd Edition because the wife won't entertain Memoir '44 -- for some reason she HATES anything real-life war themed.

Well, I say "make do" but that seems to be putting Battlelore down when it's a FANTASTIC game. Better than Memoir '44, actually, in my opinion.

She'll play it... but she dislikes it because I kick her ass at it.

On topic, some great 2-player games:

Claustrophobia (yes, it's me... in a thread here... recommending Claustrophobia! Shock! Horror!)
Arcadia Quest
Marvel Legendary
Castles of Burgundy
Fantasy Flight's Living Card Games (pick your theme!)
Sushi Dice (it's dumb as hell, but man it's a lot of fun and women just seem to LOVE smashing that little bell [ooh, matron!])
Summoner Wars Master Set
Splendor
X-Wing Miniatures Game
Castle Panic

Soldato
Thanks GTanny, I was lead to believe you can play vanilla on the Legacy board as well?

I don't own Legacy it its on my to buy/birthday list but I believe you get stickers that actually attach and modify the game board itself so you can play vanilla pandemic initially but only until you have started to play the legacy game.

Soldato
Thanks GTanny, I was lead to believe you can play vanilla on the Legacy board as well?

You can if you want. You can also continue to play the final version of the game once you've completed the season. All the Legacy system does is allow the game to evolve over several playthroughs until you reach an endpoint.

Soldato
I'm going to have to add a recommendation for the new Star Wars Rebellion game, it really is an epic battle. Our first game topped 4 hours (over 3 sittings) to finish. Lost in the end as the Empire chased me down and crushed me with a Deathstar and a whole load ofAT-ATs...

Back
Top Bottom