UFC 2

Associate
I'll probably wait for a couple of weeks until it comes down in price.

I still play on the current UFC game. Can't wait for #2 :D

Soldato
I'm waiting to see what this is like. Haven't really enjoyed ufc games since EA took over.

I never realised how much I enjoyed the arcade style gameplay of the undisputed games, until I played the first ea ufc game.

Permabanned
I played a lot of the first one. I enjoyed it overall but it was definitely lacking in many areas. I got the feeling that they simply didn't have enough time and/or resources to make a complete game. However the groundwork was definitely in place for an excellent game. Hopefully this one will deliver that.

From what I've seen of it so far they've made some pretty solid improvements.

There will probably be a demo a few weeks before release like there was with the first one.

Soldato
got the 10 hour trial of this on EA Access just now - so far seems good

just working through all the tutorials etc

the control system for transitions (ground and clinch) is different now - instead of doing quarter or half circle turns with the thumbstick you just hold the thumbstick in a certain direction until a progress bar type thing fills up, once it's full your player completes the transition, an icon on the screen tells you what moves are available

seems like a good system as if i couldn't complete a transition on previous UFC games I was never 100% sure if my player had ran out of stamina or if I wasn't doing the quarter or half circle turn properly with the old control system

you have the option to turn off the HUD progress bar/available move thingy if you want

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen a few reviews and I'm not overly impressed. I didnt enjoy EA's first attempt and it seems as though they've only taken a few steps forward with this game.

I think I'll await the massive discounts... It's a shame as I love MMA too

Soldato
It's not bad to be honest, I mean it's not amazing but it's fun. I spent about 8 hours playing it last night, got retired after going 14-10 on one career, then imported Nick Diaz and I'm 20-0 going for my title shot now, the training is cool in that you can do it get a rank A and then just simulate all future training in it. The injuries you get from training can be a bit annoying and the challenges also, when you're a rank 30 fighter with 75 over all and get to fight a pro with 94 stats, I mean you can still win and what not but it's cool.

Not all fights have finished early, I've had a few fights go the distance which is cool. I'm enjoying it a lot I think it's a massive improvement from the previous one, I'm not so sold on the ground game stuff as I still don't fully understand it.

Back
Top Bottom