PC on the desk or on the floor?

Soldato
Floor! I get that it gathers dust, but nothing that a bi-monthly blow out with compressed air wont fix.

I find it easier to keep the cable management tidy with it being on the floor. Also I don't have the fan noise by the side of my face.

Soldato
Desk personally. I've battered cases due to having them on the floor...the last one my chair leg hit it a few too many times and left a nasty mark on one side. Got a Corsair Air 540 now, sat side ways with the window facing outwards and the front sat behind my monitor.

Soldato
+1 for the Floor... although what I've done is grabbed a bit of wood cut to just slightly larger than the footprint of the tower, then got some of these big flat-dome-shaped plastic furniture feet and attached them to it. Keeps it just slightly raised from the floor to help with dust (but really dust filters take care of most of that anyway as long as you remember to clean them now and then) and makes it easy to slide out if I need to get at the inside...

Also grab a big set of the largest bulldog clips you can find, and some large metal washers - if you screw one side of the bulldog clip handles into the desk (using the washer to hold it in place) they are an amazingly good way to manage the cables

Permabanned
You are all living in 1999. Nowadays your desk is your PC. However I have seen some people mount their PC's on the wall like the Tt P5. Very nice, very modern, very arty farty.

Associate
Mine wouldn't fit on my desk, not that i'd even want it there anyway. Buy a case with dust filters on every intake and vacuum them once a month and its fine on the floor. If i had a good looking mATX system and a bigger desk i might consider it. I'd probably still put it on the floor out of the way though.

Back
Top Bottom