I hate some people so bad.

Soldato
They will make you a silly low offer, you will have to push them a bit until you get to a fair number.

After that offer to buy the car back for scrap value. Put some new tyres on it and your good to go.

Soldato
They will make you a silly low offer, you will have to push them a bit until you get to a fair number.

After that offer to buy the car back for scrap value. Put some new tyres on it and your good to go.

Do this, but sell it for parts. You will end up in the plus :D

Soldato
Why do people do this? You wonder how they would feel if somebody did it to their own car even if it was a shed.

My girlfriends car was written off after somebody drove into it when parked on a residential road, hit it so hard it was up the grass verge it was parked against. Lots of panel damage and sill, they wrote it off.
I had heard horror stories about write offs and values, we researched how much it was to buy the same car again with same kind of mileage in the autotrader and it was £4500, they offered exactly that straight away so all good. Worse part is the hit on "no fault" claim, it goes against her as even though it wasn't her fault they have nobody else to claim against.

Soldato
What would you expect them to do if they did turn up?

"Ah yes sir, its just as you said on the phone, some ******* has keyed your car and stabbed your tyres."

Unless you were expecting Columbo to turn out and find a minute piece of evidence at the scene that would irrefutably mean that only one man could have done this...

*camera zooms in on Columbo's face*

Dun, dun, DUN!

Round here we have a big issue with cars getting vandalised so they had been sending out people to look into it. Was in the papers etc so was just curious if it was a standard thing :p

Soldato
The world if full of idiots

not quite a bad as you but still did a few hundred quid of damage, the idiot left her biked standing on the street with a cover not chained to anything on a day when we had 40mph winds.
A080AEFE-B29F-43E9-AFB4-5340A9E8FBDF_zpsi7fcljsk.jpg

ADT

ADT

Associate
The world if full of idiots

not quite a bad as you but still did a few hundred quid of damage, the idiot left her biked standing on the street with a cover not chained to anything on a day when we had 40mph winds.
A080AEFE-B29F-43E9-AFB4-5340A9E8FBDF_zpsi7fcljsk.jpg

I hope you drove over the bike afterwards ?

Soldato
I hope you drove over the bike afterwards ?

Lol no but I did resolve it today. I emailed the owner of the shop the bike was Infront of. She called me and it's owned by one of her staff. Apparently she really does not have any money to cover the cost and some how I don't feel it's the shop owners fault.

So I said I would cover the cost of the damage (not much maybe £100 max for 3 small scratches) if she made a £25 donation in the name of a nurse to great ormond street hospital.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well I spoke to the garage today who said the repair bill is £2400.

Plus the costs of recovery to storage for 3 days and then back to the garage, The guy said it probably wont be worth the cost so I'm expecting a call from the insurers tomorrow.

I have looked on autotrader and can see similar for £3k, How do I go about rejecting their offer if it's low? just tell them what I have seen on autotrader? How do I go about buying the car back for scrap? what kind of offer?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Market Value :)

If you can demonstrate that for 3k you can go and purchase a car as close to the spec as yours then give them all the info. It has to be available and from a dealer. Private sales and sales in the past shouldn't really be used.

Be prepared as they will find the cheapest of the cheap "similar" car to yours in a horrendous color and use that as a basis, fight em

Back
Top Bottom