Do you own one of these?

Associate
Whilst I contemplate modding my old dragon case I really want to move into the realm of watercooling AIO to start with then at some point custom loop, now I know my innards are nothing special and will be keeping them for the forseable future.
I like the look of each of these but I just cannot decide on which one even after watching and reading loads of reviews.
It will probably be my final case so will need to hit certain boxes
Cable management
Good airflow
Room for water cooling 240+
Room for 1 ssd and 2-3 hhd
optical bay nice but i can live without that
Window :)
  1. Fractal Design Define S @£70
  2. Phanteks Entho Pro M @£70 but can get 65 elsewhere delivered
  3. Phanteks Enthoo Pro @£90 but can get for 78 elsewhere delivered (leaning toward this atm)
  4. NZXT H440 Black/Blue @£90
I would like thoughts from owners as to pros and cons please and or any suggestion alternatives.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've owned the fractal design R series, the S is basically "minus drive bays". I can't really say masses at length on exactly what's better over others but it's definitely a really solid choice and with the extra space available for a front mounted radiator would make for an awesome watercooling case. So.. for a random +1 on the define S...

Associate
I've got the Enthoo Pro M, with the full acrylic window.

Fantastic case. Incredibly easy to build in. Installed my H100 in the front and it was so simple. So much space for cables too. It does only fit 2 3.5" HDDs at stock however.

Airflow is terrific, nice and cool even with the AIO in the front. The bracket at the top is great for easily attaching fans and radiators before sliding back in the case. Comes with 2 140mm fans as standard, and good ones too.

My only con, is that the rear side panel, and the front panel, don't feel that good quality. The side panel is a bit thin and flexible. The front one feels strong, but the clips are a bit tight, and you feel like you might pull your PC off the desk when trying to pull it loose (hopefully I'll lose that over time). The acrylic window feels great though, if a bit unusual if you've not seen one before.

That is only the feel though, the looks once it's all built are excellent in my opinion.

Would be nice to see the fan hub from the other Enthoo Pro and maybe another 2.5" hdd mount, but you can see they are trying to hit a price point - for which it is superb.

Any questions about the case let me know.

Soldato
I had the H440 myself... wouldn't recommend it for cable management, very cramped at the back, but you can make a decent job of it with some effort. Not the best for airflow either, but it sacrifices some of that for quiet operation. It's by no means a 'hot' case, everything runs fine and well within limits, but it just depends what your needs and priorities are in a case. Personally, I think you're best with either of the Phanteks, all round they can't really be beat in terms of what they offer for the money.

Associate
Another Enthoo Pro M owner here, fantastic case for the price. Lots of features, panels are a bit flimsy but once it's all built its nice and sturdy. The window attracts dust like you wouldn't believe but this would be the situation with any windowed case - I suppose having 4 dogs and 3 cats doesn't help my situation!

Great airflow, I have 360mm of rad space (1x 240 and 1x 120) and temps are always low.

The slide out bracket at the top which lets you mound a radiator is brilliant too, so easy to work in!

Associate
basically there isn't really much to differentiate them, all have dust filters, windows, rad support.
Just pick one you like the look of.

Noise wise , the noisiest thing will be your gpu when the fans ramp up, until that happens they should all be quiet if your going under water.

Last edited:
Associate
I would say that after buying a phanteks Enthoo luxe to replace (I thought) my Fractal R4, that that Phanteks was nowhere like the same quality as the R4 in terms of solidity of panels. It was also incredibly noisy with the same kit in. I soon went back to the R4 and am very happy.

The Phanteks just didn't seem to have the same hewn from stone feel that the R4 had. I would imagine that the R5/S are pretty much the same in that regard.

Associate
OP
Ruled out the H440 despite it being the best looking of the 4 cases, it is the highest price with the least cable management.
Still leaning to the Enthoo Pro at 75 delivered but the define s looks tasty at 65 delivered so does the pro m with its big window think I will need to mull this over the weekend.

Pics of these 3 as completed builds will help for sure :)

Associate
Don't have any of these, but I would go for the Enthoo pro m with full acrylic window.

1. Best air flow within these cases.
2. has the option of optical drive bay.
3. not the best look of the front but it has the full side window so you won't regret it when you have a full custom loop.

Soldato
I only have good things to say about the Phantek Pro M.

Used it to build my new watercooling loop & it's the best case I've ever used.
Plaeny of options to hide cables & other bits & pieces away, loads of space for rads either top, front or rear.
I Like the way the PSU & all the power cables are hidden away from sight also.

The side panel is a little thin, & the screws which hold it in place are a little cheap, but once you've completed your build the side doesn't need to come off that often.
The full acrylic window is very nice, not something I've ever had before but it shows the build of nicely.

Noisewise, as mine is under water the loudest thing was my mechanical hard drive which has now been removed & replaced by a 1TB SSD
You can get 2x 3.5 inch hard drives in as standard along with 3x 2.5 inch drives on the lock & go bays on the back & front.

There's a couple of pictures in the watercooled case gallery if you'd like to look.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love my H440 but wouldn't recommend it unless you liked the look. Personally I think it looks far better than any of the other suggestions but that is just me.

Cable management I have no complaints about. Currently use 6 molex devices and there is plenty of room for all that extra wiring. From the front it is hard to not have a clean looking build.

Airflow is fairly pants, no 2 ways about that due to the design.

Back
Top Bottom