I fought the law

Caporegime
Honestly, I wouldn't, I`m convinced it wouldn't matter, they would do you anyway.

On a lighter note, as my local force tweet almost gloatingly when they catch you speeding I`m tempted to answer the one they tweeted relating to me ;)

yrY8Dpi.png

Prob best not to eh lol

do it :D (obviously once you get the paperwork through that is)

Soldato
OP
...and the law...lost? :)confused:)

I hope you get your letter to close this matter:)

Letter is not very humble or apologetic, but escaping £100 fine and 3 pts is sweet, despite the "speed trap" not being within ACPO guidelines.

All in all I think it was much more hassle and inconvenience than the fine and pts would have been.

8NTLWzG.jpg

Soldato
OP
23 February isn't it? That's the above date on the letter.

That's the date they sent it, the court date that my "case" was deferred to was 11th March.

I wouldn't let this go to be honest without an apology, and an explanation as to why this has happened.

I am aggrieved by the whole thing but tbh I`m concerned about invoking the malevolence of the machine :eek:

Soldato
Yeah head down, £100 saved.
Points saved, insurance costs rising saved.
Messed you rightly about, and clearly continue to do so.

Their civil service division, look flipping awful!

Soldato
Breaking....................

I just called the Procurator Fiscal's Office, I am informed I have nothing to worry about and a letter is on its way to me telling me I dont need to go to court and everything dropped lol.

:):):):):):):):):)

Did this actually happen or did they forget again?

Really annoys me when that many people are that bad at their jobs, makes you wonder what to do when you do so much better and you still get slack for something you actually didn't do. That was a mouthful.

I get it all the time, ISPs, Telephone Companies, cable provider, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, tax office, social security, housing/property, doctors/hospital appointments and results, work colleagues, bosses.. the list goes on.
Every damned thing I have to deal with other people ends up with them never getting back to you, forgetting, being really blooming special and stupid about it. It's like people can't get a damned pen and paper and jot down appointments/reminders/meetings and put it on a calendar.

There's a certain work ethic about people in Jersey at large, something I avoid doing myself because it's a **** poor attitude.

Currently dealing with charges for work done on my dads place which he never verbally agreed on or signed for, or asked for. They said it was building maintenance and never once mention charges. Fixing stuff behind wooden panels and walls spaces is nothing to do with him in a states housing D: It's like people have no idea what a quote is or work order/ contract agreement or anything. Fffffffffff!

I'm so, so tired of some of these places wasting my, not much I can easily do, but oh!...should you waste theirs! If only I could render time charged for no fault of my own eh?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Of course as the letter reserves the right to prosecute.

I wouldnt be surprised if in a few months you just get a correctly formatted letter sent out telling you to pay the fine

Transmission breaker
Don
My experience with the court system was very similar.

I received a summons about 7-8 months after the offence, which had been redirected to me from another house (new build) that was recently moved into, with the wrong address (which they had taken at the roadside from my license card) notifying me that I had missed two court dates, and a warrant would be issued for my arrest if I failed to attend court THE NEXT DAY...

I was informed by the clerk of the court (that day on the phone)that as I had not been correctly summoned for the offence within six months, it would all be dismissed and i should attend court as a formality the next day, expecting the case to be thrown out.

I arrived, informed the magistrate of the clerk's information at the appropriate time. The magistrate said "Well that's not really relevant is it?"

I was fined and given points, the blazing clerical errors were simply brushed aside. I had no legal representation due to short notice of "summons" and being told the case would be dismissed.

Its a crazy antiquated system full of errors/omissions and anomalies designed to make it next to impossible to navigate as a layman..

Soldato
That is a very poorly worded letter from the Procurator, not helpful and raises more questions than answers. I'd want them to confirm that the charges (at least the two you don't know about) have been dropped. Is a "complaint" the same thing as "charges"?

Back
Top Bottom