SteamVR Performance Test

Soldato
Can't get a result even with Avast disabled :(

EDIT: Removed Avast as just noticed my license expired anyway and worked first time. 9.9 so i'm happy with that.

Last edited:
Associate
Guys! You believe it or not but i am VR capable with GTX 570.
I had an nice score before of 4.9. On the pic only got 4.5 :(

210jdrl.jpg

I should have cut of the white extra but doesn't matter now.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

VR is hugely demanding, having played Elite Dangerous on the HTC setup I was totally blown away, in that game VR is a game changer, it is completely immense. When I asked HTC what is the minimum specification they were like the MINIMUM is 970, but right now you are playing on Titan X's simply because in Elite a 970 means detail levels have to be reduced to keep VR smooth.

In short you need a 970 minimum, if you want maximum eye candy you need 980Ti/Titan X.

VR demands are very high and to properly enjoy it in games like Elite and other titles coming for what I consider a good gaming experience, so all detail settings on high/maximum then a 980Ti, Fury X, Fury or Nano is best.

You will get away with a 970 or 390, but in some games you need to turn details down, on slower GPU's and older GPU's well I'd not be paying £600-£800 for a VR headset to then only enjoy it at poor FPS and low detail levels.

So can't wait for Valve to release Half Life 3 VR Edition, oh my, please make it so! :D

Permabanned
scored 11 where is my oculus rift...
LAst thing and hope that it will get me back in to gaming :/

Then new gpu for xmas and we should be gold :D

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
scored 11 where is my oculus rift...
LAst thing and hope that it will get me back in to gaming :/

Then new gpu for xmas and we should be gold :D

Man you will love it, HTC setup blew me away, completely insane and Elite Dangerous was just on another level, simply wow! :D

Soldato
LMAO,Fermi is doing quite well in comparison to Kepler,and an overclocked GTX570 is in-between a GTX960 and a GTX970,and within 10% of a mildly overclocked Titan Black and the same as a GTX780.

On another forum,a GTX580 scored 11.

Last edited:
Associate
LMAO,Fermi is doing quite well in comparison to Kepler,and an overclocked GTX570 is in-between a GTX960 and a GTX970,and within 10% of a mildly overclocked Titan Black and the same as a GTX780.

On another forum,a GTX580 scored 11.

I just had an 5.9 . With a massive OC on GTX 580 it is more likely true. I may swap later for an 580 with 3 gigs of vram and let see what that baby can do!

Anyway, with some extra and extra OC on my GTX 570 will get VR ready status which is hilarious! Lot of amd cards are struggling to get even 4 or 5 of score.

Maybe that is the reason why nvidia delayed DX 12 and try to kill Vulkan Fermi support.

Can you give me a link to that GTX 580?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi there

VR is hugely demanding, having played Elite Dangerous on the HTC setup I was totally blown away, in that game VR is a game changer, it is completely immense. When I asked HTC what is the minimum specification they were like the MINIMUM is 970, but right now you are playing on Titan X's simply because in Elite a 970 means detail levels have to be reduced to keep VR smooth.

In short you need a 970 minimum, if you want maximum eye candy you need 980Ti/Titan X.

VR demands are very high and to properly enjoy it in games like Elite and other titles coming for what I consider a good gaming experience, so all detail settings on high/maximum then a 980Ti, Fury X, Fury or Nano is best.

You will get away with a 970 or 390, but in some games you need to turn details down, on slower GPU's and older GPU's well I'd not be paying £600-£800 for a VR headset to then only enjoy it at poor FPS and low detail levels.

So can't wait for Valve to release Half Life 3 VR Edition, oh my, please make it so! :D

Elite Dangerous was the sole reason for me ordering the Oculus Rift and needs to be seen first hand. It is just WOW!!!!

Caporegime
I've held off playing Elite Dangerous yet, other than trying out the training combat mission.

4k/Ultra - It was locked 60fps on my Titan X SLI, but I noticed SLI scaling was pretty poor.

Back
Top Bottom