enigma@home - Boinc stats team challenge

Associate
Hopefully this may help others; Enigma can only be crunched on 32-bit Linux, and so I required the 32-bit libraries for Arch here
It runs on my 64 bit linux systems though I did have a problem with the initial setup I was using. Not sure which it was, but I was originally running 64 bit ubuntu server with just the boinc-client package installed. Installed a 64 bit version of mint xfce, installed boinc (the full package which includes boinc manager) and it downloaded and ran enigma just fine.

Associate
Having some trouble trying to get this running on Linux, any ideas?

(will have a go when I get home)

What distro are you running? Take a look at B1ng's post above, you may need the 32-bit libc/glibc libraries:

Hopefully this may help others; Enigma can only be crunched on 32-bit Linux, and so I required the 32-bit libraries for Arch here:

Anyone having issues with Linux, hopefully you can reverse engineer your setup from this!

Try installing the lib32-glibc and lib32-glib2 libraries, depending what flavour of Linux you're running the commands will be different but for example, "sudo apt-get install lib32-glibc lib32-glib2"

Associate
Try running
sudo apt-get install lib32-glibc lib32-glib2
in a terminal window first, if you still can't get work then you've exhausted my very small amount of knowledge. I have Ubuntu Desktop 14.04.5 LTS x64 crunching quite happily out of the box as does Ba so maybe go with that if you can't get the server edition working, there was mention on the Enigma forum of server distros not getting work but that may be due to them not including the required libraries by default.

Associate

PDW

PDW

Associate
Did you think I was going to go up or down?
I thought you would be going up given the number of cores you had :)
You might possibly get pushed down again as some move over from SAT but there are enough above you who are static that you will quickly stay on the 1st page :):)

Man of Honour
Did you think I was going to go up or down?
Up, fast. It's only taken me three days to break into the team top 10, and you've got more (and faster) cores than I.

If I could subvert our computer room, there'd be hope, but only for as long as it took (a) to be shown the exit door, or (b) for the whole thing to crash, which it does very well and very frequently already.

Associate
Try running
sudo apt-get install lib32-glibc lib32-glib2
in a terminal window first, if you still can't get work then you've exhausted my very small amount of knowledge. I have Ubuntu Desktop 14.04.5 LTS x64 crunching quite happily out of the box as does Ba so maybe go with that if you can't get the server edition working, there was mention on the Enigma forum of server distros not getting work but that may be due to them not including the required libraries by default.

For whatever reason, it didn't like it, so I've installed Windows over the machine now and it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom