*8Pack Bundle Issues*

Associate
Recently purchased one of the 8pack approved bundles.
Not sure who to really contact but I've obviously setup the overclock as guided by 8pack themselves but I appear to be getting crashes only appears to crash on higher end games and after a couple of hours. I'm IT literate but just not when it comes to overclocking which is quite new to me so not entirely sure if I've done something wrong or just have defective hardware.

Could you please advise what is my next step? Have had the kit for a while but I actually rarely play higher graphic games but recently did and was crashing every couple of hours..

Purchased the below.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/8pac...locked-quad-core-gaming-bundle-bu-050-as.html

Associate
Did you apply the settings yourself or use the downloadable motherboard profile? I used that and it was a doddle. Ensured everything was stable at stock for a couple of days then applied the profile - in and out, done.

Associate
OP
The profile wasn't available when I bought the bundle. I had to set it all myself. I ran prime95 for 2 hours last night without a crash...highest temps I saw was 53
No idea what's causing it now

Soldato
Check your temps and voltages with Coretemp/CPUz and Download and run Aida64 and stress test.
he cant, its the i5 6400, and overclocking these is via BCLK which then breaks the temp readings within windows.

If I was you I will run stock setting and if stable more than 2 hours then up the cpu multiplier.

Good luck

he cant up the CPU Multi... he has a LOCKED CPU which can only be overclocked by the BCLK.

Man of Honour
I did contact overclockers and they told me to post here.
Going to run a few tests tonight and will post back results...

Message them back and tell them to stop being lazy oiks and support the product they sold rather than pointing you here for free support.

They sell it with a guarantee that it will be stable at the speeds advertised if it's not then it's down to them to provide support.

Soldato
Message them back and tell them to stop being lazy oiks and support the product they sold rather than pointing you here for free support.

They sell it with a guarantee that it will be stable at the speeds advertised if it's not then it's down to them to provide support.

I think the point is... 8 pack will deal with him not the general OCUK forum community.

OcUK Staff

Wow solid input thanks for that!! DEAR ME!!!

For sure I will support in this case. Actually its normally our technical team who handle this type of issue but I know we had very few of these with issues at all so I would like to investigate and get to the bottom of the problem.

Please mail me with your exact issues and I will reply to you direct by mail and organize any RMA myself. [email protected]

Soldato
8 Pack, do you have a profile for overclocking an i5 6400 on a Z170 Pro Gaming?

No matter what i do i cannot get it to function with any overclock. It hangs on the DIMM LED :/ (this is with the 1301 Bios) I even set the Dram speed well below the spec (2400) and it still doesnt get past DIMM LED

Thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom