Audi owners in here!

Soldato
What kind of mileage are people getting on their A3's?

I'm looking at one for lots of motorway commuting - probably 25-30k a year.

Honest John suggests the 1.6 TDI and 1.9 TDI are getting around 50 on average (urban/suburban), so interested to hear mpg figures for motorway driving.

Soldato
What kind of mileage are people getting on their A3's?

I'm looking at one for lots of motorway commuting - probably 25-30k a year.

Honest John suggests the 1.6 TDI and 1.9 TDI are getting around 50 on average (urban/suburban), so interested to hear mpg figures for motorway driving.

I get around 50MPG out of my 1.6TDI 110PS A3 regardless of the drive I do, so long as it's long enough for the engine to warm up.

Long motorway drives tend to get me around about 63MPG.

Soldato
I said goodbye to my PD130 this week. 260k~.
It was making funny noises. The old man said 'bottom end' and I was like :o :(

That car has been with me through thick and thin. Was sorry to see it go!

Soldato
So my 1.6TDI A3 was on the max level for oil about 2000 miles ago, I've just checked and it's just past half way. Is that a normal amout of oil to burn in so few miles? Also seems to be using a bit of coolant as I topped that up at the same time and it's almost half way.

Associate
So my 1.6TDI A3 was on the max level for oil about 2000 miles ago, I've just checked and it's just past half way. Is that a normal amout of oil to burn in so few miles? Also seems to be using a bit of coolant as I topped that up at the same time and it's almost half way.
our 1.6tdi Leon has done just shy of 10k and ive hardly had to top it up with oil or coolant and I do keep an eye on it

off topic.. but my 1.9 Tdi B5 A4 has done 200k and the only time I need to go near that with oil or coolant is when im servicing it.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, I've got the S4 in sprint blue; lovely colour and it goes like stink... It is much faster than my 550i, although that is not surprising given the luxobarge weight of the 550i... I still prefer the 550i though... V8 power :)

Anyway, no pics as the car needs a good tidy including paint chips etc. A local company/franchise called Final Touch is able to do all this and make it look new for quite cheap so will be doing that first, as well as redoing the wheels due to kerbing.

The car doesn't have navigation but it does have the MMI 3G setup on the radio. I want to add iPOD and Bluetooth connectivity to it now. Would prefer to have OEM products due to integration but it all seems confusing.

What is better, the AMI system + OEM Bluetooth or something like the Dension 500S BT which will do both but doesn't appear to integrate as well (although the ipod connection on the dension does ABC search but it appears that OEM ipod doesn't).

Any help is appreciated,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom