• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New GPU(s)

Soldato
Out of the game for a little while now.. are we expecting a new generation of GPU any-time soon?

Currently running dual 7990's @ 3840 x 2160 and they are OK.. so don't want to buy "old" tech if we have a refresh in the next few months.

Caporegime
best guess, medium Polaris, anything from 15% slower to 15% faster than a Fury X by June(depends what sizes they come out with early on new process), medium Pascal, more like Sept/Oct. Fury X2 to come out at some point which should be good. You obviously know all about dual gpu cards. DX12 should make dual gpu cards run significantly more consistently across games. As in, the majority of DX12 games should do well with multi gpu, scaling might be better but xfire scaling is frequently brilliant anyway.

Medium polaris likely to be more like 125-160W range, significantly more efficient, extra DX12 features, extra other features like DP1.3. So I'd think about 2-4 of those personally over Fury X2. If you're going to want a 120-144hz 4k panel, or an HDR panel, then you want Dp 1.3... although it is possible Fury X2 will have it added.

Big Polaris/Pascal almost certainly not till 2017, so the true Titan/Fury X successors with maybe 70-90% more performance won't come till next year.

Soldato
OP
Cheers DM.. will hold fire on my itch then can wait a little if need be would rather get something towards the end of the year than upgrade sooner for it to be obsolete in a few months.. especially as I am OK with the current rigs performance.

Back
Top Bottom