Team Viewer

Soldato
I suggest that perhaps those using Team Viewer, may want to re-evaluate that. This morning, I got up and switched on my screen. Someone had access to my PC via TeamViewer and were in my Paypal account. I of course stopped them right away but they had already removed $369 from my bank account. I of course phoned the bank and informed them and then contacted paypal and they will get the money back. Good job I was off work today and go up when I did. I could have had my whole account emptied. I'm now running some malware checkers and have changed all my passwords.

What a massive pain and a nightmare. I am through with TeamViewer now. I have spoke to TeamViewer support as well and has expressed my grave dissatisfaction. It's not like I was using any kind of easy to guess password.

Soldato
I'm not sure its Team Viewer thats to blame here. its more likely that you have some malware thats captured keystrokes including your Team Viewer and Paypal logins.

Soldato
That's still no evidence of it being Teamviewer at fault. Why did you have it installed and how was it configured? I'm not buying that you haven't set it up in some very silly way or someone who's had access to your PC has done so.

Do you have UAC enabled? What AV/Firewall do you have? Do you share your account? Do you run as an admin or normal user?

Plenty of questions before pointing a finger at a remote desktop utility.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I have just finished scanning the PC with MBAM, SAS and Spybot, no infections other than a few tracking cookies.

Fully undetectable malware is very common. Please don't rely on AV to keep you safe. I'd be doing a clean install if I were you. At the very least, you should disconnect the network cable.

Associate
Fully undetectable malware is very common. Please don't rely on AV to keep you safe. I'd be doing a clean install if I were you. At the very least, you should disconnect the network cable.

Yes AV are not very good at finding most infections nowadays. The good viruses fly under it easily. As above disconnect from network and format is my advice.

Back
Top Bottom