Stardew Valley (Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon crossover)

Soldato
Anyone here playing Stardew Valley? I heard it's similar to Animal Crossing & Harvest Moon and I instantly bought it as I loved them games - I'm only a few hours in but its amazing so far! & what surprises me the most is that this game was only made by 1 guy! The gameplay, soundtrack, graphics, everything is phenomenal if you like these type of games. We finally have a game like this on PC:p

Only £10.99:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/413150/

If anyone else out there is playing, any tips/tricks you have? I can't farm these parsnips forever:D

Associate
Just saw it pop up on steam on Friday and purchased Saturday. Great little game and you're right it's a fantastic achievement for one person.

Nice and simple in concept but well thought out. The wiki needs fleshing out a bit to help though as some things aren't straightforward!

Looking on official forums it looks "modable" also so should only improve. Higher res graphics would be great to improve on the current style, although it does look great in a retro Amiga kind of way

Man of Honour
I thought I'd bought this ages ago when it was in early development but apparently not :/

I'll hold out until multiplayer is supported I think. Factorio is taking up about 900% of my gaming time at the moment anyhow.

Associate
Bought this for my wife, she hasn't stopped playing it. It's doing very well on steam - overwhelmingly positive with about 20k playing right now. Not my cup of tea though:)

Soldato
Folks, would my 5 year old be able to play this is if I sat with her?

I love her getting into games like minecraft, terrarria etc, realise this may have more text but think I could help her with that side. Thoughts?

Associate
I'm really tempted to get this, struggling holding off to be honest.

Can you explain further?

Well considering the game is basically a time and resource manager game i think the complaint is a bit odd.

Not played much but from what I can recall, all the characters have routines so are not in one place all the time, shops have opening times, plants can only be planted in certain seasons, some fish can only be caught at certain times of day, you need to sleep etc etc.

Any way you can zoom out further if you're playing in windowed mode?

It's a great "passive" game to play while watching something else, but it feels way too zoomed in. I tried full screen mode and that felt a lot better, could actually see stuff around me, but I don't have my second monitor atm :(

Also they're adding co-op later down the line. I got my copy on GOG, hopefully there will be some sort of way to play with other Steam users too (think it's been done before, as long as they don't use Steamworks at frame work...)

Soldato
I'm really tempted to get this, struggling holding off to be honest.

Can you explain further?

Well considering the game is basically a time and resource manager game i think the complaint is a bit odd.

Not played much but from what I can recall, all the characters have routines so are not in one place all the time, shops have opening times, plants can only be planted in certain seasons, some fish can only be caught at certain times of day, you need to sleep etc etc.

Exactly this. Not played it myself, but after hearing back from people who have played it, I don't like the way you need to do certain things at certain times. I would just want to build a farm and relax, not worry about that sort of thing.

Caporegime
There is no time limit so you don't have to do anything at a certain time except water crops and feed animals if you want them to live. Days are 14 mins I think but you don't have to do everything every day.

I'm in Year 2 Spring now, having a problem with lack of grass for animals! Mine finished, great little game :)

Back
Top Bottom