Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Soldato
Been awhile since I've played this.

What are the bear traps like? Can they be used to hold an animal in position while you try to knock it out?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Anyone played naughty & nice. Basically SOTF but with only 2 tribes and 50 players on each. Quite crazy warfare in a big scale.

Associate
Just got this as part of the humble monthly, any recommendations on safe servers I can join where I won't get griefed while I learn the ropes?

Also, is there any meaningful PVE to be had as a single player, like Minecraft had, or is it MP all the way?

Soldato
Just got this as part of the humble monthly, any recommendations on safe servers I can join where I won't get griefed while I learn the ropes?

Also, is there any meaningful PVE to be had as a single player, like Minecraft had, or is it MP all the way?

I got it on Humble too. I'm playing on a non-official PVE server with a max limit of 35 players and with everything speeded up so you gain XP and resources a lot faster. Very helpful guys on there. They gave me some tools when I first started and some guys even give away dinos when they don't need them. Building and playing on my own though. I can remember the name of the server but will check when I get back from work.

PVE is fun for learning, etc and taming without getting killed, raided by other players. If you have some friends then you can work together to build bases and tame high level dinos. I played PVP once or twice but you get idiots just killing you most of the time and looting your stuff.

edit: The server is ! [UK] PvE MaxEVERYTHING 24/7 Free Gift Drops

You may have to copy and paste that exactly to find it in the unofficial section.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato

You can host a single player game which will let you learn. Only disadvantage is you miss the MP element building fighting and levelling together.

As fs mentioned it more ideal to go with fast taming/gathering server as normal is hardcore and I mean 'brutally slow' hardcore

Last edited:
Associate
I got it on Humble too. I'm playing on a non-official PVE server with a max limit of 35 players and with everything speeded up so you gain XP and resources a lot faster. Very helpful guys on there. They gave me some tools when I first started and some guys even give away dinos when they don't need them. Building and playing on my own though. I can remember the name of the server but will check when I get back from work.

PVE is fun for learning, etc and taming without getting killed, raided by other players. If you have some friends then you can work together to build bases and tame high level dinos. I played PVP once or twice but you get idiots just killing you most of the time and looting your stuff.

edit: The server is ! [UK] PvE MaxEVERYTHING 24/7 Free Gift Drops

You may have to copy and paste that exactly to find it in the unofficial section.

I am also on that same server known as siege :)

on most off time.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Just picked up on humble bundle too, for that price i simply couldnt resist. Such a fun game so far!!

I have done the same my steam name is Cool Hand Luke and I just installed the Discord chat Channel. No doubt I could do with some pointers.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I'm having problems with this game. It has crashed twice in 40 minutes and I have just joined a game and I am getting 1fps when joined. I know it's alpha but I had no idea it was this bad.

Edit, I can't get in game now just crashed to desktop every time.

Last edited:

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Mate wants to a better graphics card to run this and are willing to spend upto £250 on a new card??

Will an R9 390 or GTX970 be better for the game??

I did notice that my GTX960 did seem to run it worse than a R9 280 for some strange reason!

I just bought myself a new pc its an I7 4790k 16gb or ram and 980 TI and slapped everything on ultimate and I was only getting about 18fps! I expected to get a lot more.

Soldato
I find myself tempted by the Humble Monthly deal for this game.

Just wondering what sort of time investment you need to make for the game to be "worthwhile"? Is the odd hour or two a few times a week enough, or do you need to be hitting it hard every day to feel you are achieving something? And if you are mostly offline, is there a high risk of losing your progress?

Associate
Is anyone else having issues with Battleye and Ark ? Not been on Ark for a while so thought I'd fire it up again only to notice the launcher file is being blocked by Battleye. I've not been banned for anything as that's the only game I've got that uses BE. I've emailed BE support but they're less than helpful. Any thoughts ?

Man of Honour
Can anyone give me a little help regarding graphics..my beast of a machine runs this absolutely superbly. I have everything on Epic and its smooth as ice.

However, I do have one oddity, there is a sort of grainy effect on the graphics. As if film grain is turned on (its turned off). Its most noticeable on the beaches and on rocks, you dont notice it really if you stand still but once you move its got an odd grainy effect on the textures. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom