***** The Official Division Thread *****

Associate
Agreed. I must've completed the VoG about 50 times, and they were all fun. I did Crota about as many times, but that was mainly as I was trying to get Black Hammer. I finished Oryx twice, and have never bothered with it since.

Edit: I did enjoy Crota solo though, that was a real challenge as a level 32, especially as they got rid of the various cheeses over time.

Never completed oryx (hard), i was falling asleep by the end, every stage was stand here and use black spindle (black hammer) or touch of malice on end boss.

VOG allowed you to play your own way, i loved using shotguns and fusion rifles to complete it, end boss did require a few weapons but was more then just one.

Caporegime
only good raid destiny ever created is Vault of glass. Crota raid was really poor and current one just as bad, you just stand in one spot and use sniper rifles :(
That doesnt really mean that people didnt play the game to equip themselves for that content even if it ended up being poor. To me thats always been the point of such games (I really dont see myself as unique with that viewpoint)
Lots of hints about stuff, i think they are staying away from the word 'raid' maybe creating something else that requires 8 player team

Whats a raid mean anyway? Mission thats longer then 10min? Something that requires massive amount of team work? could be challenge mode?
Yeah Ive seen the hints and the dropped words but that amounts to nothing when all is said and done. I want an idea what happens when you max out and where the challenge will be (just repeating missions where the enemies match your level only goes so far). Again they havent really said what challenge mode brings over and above what we know what hard mode mechanically does.

What I mean by raid is multiple teams (synch/asynch) working towards a set of goals that requires more than shooting. A task thats unlikely to completed blind easily or quickly and actually involves communication and using your noodle...
Nothing at all confirmed about end game yet. Pre-orders will usually be charged as they get dispatched. I know amazon do.
Yeah am with amazon but was thinking theyll start dispatching sometime late this week considering its a Tuesday launch. Just holding on to some kind of massive Massive announcement :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
But you're right. I'm 100 % sure that whatever their end game is, its not going to be called a raid and they are trying to do something very different.

8 players got to be something big, can't see it being huge amount of enemies or massive amount of bullet sponge otherwise its just horde mode

That doesnt really mean that people didnt play the game to equip themselves for that content even if it ended up being poor. To me thats always been the point of such games (I really dont see myself as unique with that viewpoint)

Yeah Ive seen the hints and the dropped words but that amounts to nothing when all is said and done. I want an idea what happens when you max out and where the challenge will be (just repeating missions where the enemies match your level only goes so far). Again they havent really said what challenge mode brings over and above what we know what hard mode mechanically does.

What I mean by raid is multiple teams (synch/asynch) working towards a set of goals that requires more than shooting. A task thats unlikely to completed blind easily or quickly and actually involves communication and using your noodle...

Yeah am with amazon but was thinking theyll start dispatching sometime late this week considering its a Tuesday launch. Just holding on to some kind of massive Massive announcement :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

yep just you :)

challenge mode could be really cool, some people said should be like wow challenge mode, if true that could be great fun :)

Last edited:
Associate
8 players got to be something big, can't see it being huge amount of enemies or massive amount of bullet sponge otherwise its just horde mode

Your idea of assaulting a sky scrapper could fit well, 2 teams working together to reach the top. But until we're told or the die hards get to max level in a few days who knows :p

Have Tuesday and Wednesday off work for revision, although not sure how much will get done :D

Associate
Your idea of assaulting a sky scrapper could fit well, 2 teams working together to reach the top. But until we're told or the die hards get to max level in a few days who knows :p

Have Tuesday and Wednesday off work for revision, although not sure how much will get done :D

dredd tower :)

Associate

That sounds like a cool concept!

Yeah good luck with the revision mate :D

Soldato
Not paid much attention to this since the Open Beta but I am looking forward to it. Roll on next Tuesday, choo choo.

Hype_Train.jpg

Soldato
AHHAAH :) me onboard zee hype train too

Good deal that Sony have just started today:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=704740502571094016&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Top-up £100 and get £15 free.
Use CDkeys to get 2 x £50 (works out about £91) - 5% facebook code and you've got yourself £115 credit for only £87.

I was lucky - had some paypal credit sitting around so its ended up costing me only £63 for £115 worth of credit!

get on it chaps ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom