How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Man of Honour
30 minutes from bed to door typically. Up, ****, shower, shave without fail, maybe coffee and some cereal, quick collection of bits and bobs then out I go.

Soldato
I get up at 8:10, Brush my teeth and have a quick wash, then take the wife to work. Go back home! Go to work (my conservatory) around 8:30am.

I generally make some brekkie about 9:30 and go for a shower after that.

Mondays I get up at 6:30am, download walking dead and watch that before talking wife to work.

Hang on, you get up at 8.10 and brush your teeth and wash and bring your wife to work and are back by 8.30am? Could your wife simply not walk to work if it's that close.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm diabetic and so I'm almost always tired - it doesn't matter if I've had 4, 8, or 12 hours sleep.
I'm wondering if I should get tested. I had a test for iron deficiency when I was younger and I've had blood tests in the past for other stuff so I would have thought it would have cropped up then. Meh. Not for this thread again..

About 25 minutes. This is getting up, getting dressed, having breakfast, brushing my teeth and grabbing my lunch out the fridge. I tend to have a shower the night before and get my clothes ready for the morning.

When I get to work I'll splash my face and sort my hair out.
On behalf of your co-workers and with the utmost respect, I'm afraid you smell. You probably can't smell it, but you do. Everyone near you can smell it, it's obvious. Please shower in the morning :(

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on this, a bit creepy/weird???
Surely everyone has a peak, no? This guy has just timed his morning routine around it :D

Soldato
7:25; morning cardio
7:55; start making breakfast
8:05; make BPC
8:10; weight out almonds etc for the day,
8:15; eat
8:20; shower
8:30; get dressed
8:35; leave house to get to work.

Other things in the above like brush teeth etc in between little tasks.

Associate
I usually aim to get out of bed around 7:15 and out the door by around 7:50.
I don't have a particular routine beyond having to have something to nibble before I'll crawl out from under the covers, usually a couple of cashews and raisins... the act of chewing something seems to wake me up.

Underboss
Back when I had an hours drive into London I would wake up at 0545 shower, coffee and be out of the door for 0610.

Now I work closer to home I wake up at 0630 and out the door by 0710.

Soldato
40-45 for me to get up and out.

15 to shower, 10 for getting dressed and having breakfast.

The rest is me intermittently dicking around on my phone.

Underboss
I don't feel human without a shower to wake me up.

My daily routine would be even shorter but it's a trade off I can't do, same goes for coffee.

Back
Top Bottom