PC POST's no display

Soldato
Hi,

My computer was working ok then just stopped displaying on screen when I turned it on one day. Its got a GTX480 in it if I turn it on I get all the usual lights/noises but nothing on screen, however I can remote desktop into it so I know its POSTed and booted to Windows. I have tried with both HDMI and DVI cables and 2 different screens and same symptoms. If I remove the card it displays fine from the onboard VGA. Any ideas?

Soldato
Maybe a problem somewhere on the motherboard then? Perhaps it's no longer providing some of the power the GPU obtains through the PCI-E slot, or something like that. Might be worth borrowing another GPU to test in it, if possible.

Soldato
try clearing the cmos and see if that helps.

what are your PC specs? do you have a on board gpu you could try with the current gpu out?

maybe try a different display port\cable or PCI-E slot if you have a sli board

Soldato
OP
yeh works with a really old non powered card so not the pci-e slot, and like i said psu and gfx card. is really annoying, like i said i can remote desktop in so i know the machine is booting fine, its just not outputting

Soldato
OP
try clearing the cmos and see if that helps.

what are your PC specs? do you have a on board gpu you could try with the current gpu out?

maybe try a different display port\cable or PCI-E slot if you have a sli board

reset bios. yeh it works fine with the onboard, and tried both hdmi and dvi ports on card and same issue. it worked fine then just stopped. card works fine in another computer and a cheap non powered card works fine in this computer so stumped.

Back
Top Bottom