What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
sdoc100 is bar far the best cleaner I've ever used only trouble is its so bloody expensive!

Just go easy with it and don't spray it all over the bike and it lasts long enough. i.e. you don't need to spray it on normal body work etc. as that generally just wipes clean with a sponge.

Soldato
Yeah I could imagine with a 'normal' bike (rather than one that's got 10 years of caked in grease and doesn't get washed for months) a quick spray on the swingarm/sprocket/brakes and general lower area once a week would be enough to keep it sparkly clean.

Soldato
Now get that baffle out! :D

Glad it wasn't just me thinking that :D

Was given some LED clusters that replace indicator bulbs. They don't need any conversion or extra electronics. I took them out again though. The problem is the LEDs are too focused and light up the center of the indicator really well. The bulb lights up the whole indicator with the help of the reflector plate - oh well!

Mate of mine also changed this dipped bulbs for LEDs with a lens on the end and it makes his VFR look awesome with the white light. Might look into testing something like that on the CBR

Last edited:
Soldato
Changed my led numberplate light ready for its Mot. 2 out of 4 of the bulbs had stopped working, assumed that would be a fail.

Pig of a job as had to half remove my givi rack. Just ghetto wired it up for now with half a roll of tape wrapped. I'll use proper connectors next time.

Took the baffle out my SC project exhaust and its mental loud :p

Put it back in for the week for its Mot but might try it for a bit. Pops and crackles on over run loads with it in so should be crazy with it out.

Soldato
What my tank looks like when my knee goes into the side of it :(

o_1ad6n3gj515svabf16hmnku1ic7a.jpg

Someone u-turned on me...

Soldato
OK after changing my number plate led (straight swap, managed to find the same light) I had trouble starting this morning. Think it's just coincidence? Cold morning and all? Never gave a problem normally though.

Not sure if I could have done anything? All it was was two wires, which could only be wired up one way as the other way it didn't work at all. I ghetto wrapped the wire around the connectors but taped it up to ****

I'm dreading trying to start my bike later tonight :o

Man of Honour
Off down to Brighton a week on Friday so hoping it's started to warm up! Don't fancy 3 and a half hours on the motorway while it's hovering around 0 degrees.

Soldato
You didnt come off did you? :confused: i hope thats just your immense leg strength and no other damage to you or machine! Doesnt look like it has creased so you may be able to pressure or pull it out and fingers crossed the paint doesnt crack or lift

I did. My bike hit the car on it's left side, I went flying over the handlebars and the bike landed on it's right side. Downpipes and exhausts were ruined. Handlebars bent into the tank (so there's dents on top as well as the side) amongst other damage.

Sucks. It's in for repairs now.

Caporegime
I did. My bike hit the car on it's left side, I went flying over the handlebars and the bike landed on it's right side. Downpipes and exhausts were ruined. Handlebars bent into the tank (so there's dents on top as well as the side) amongst other damage.

Sucks. It's in for repairs now.

Driver admited fault?

Soldato
Driver admited fault?

Yup.

Everything was sorted in 4 weeks. The only reason I don't have my bike now is because they put the wrong exhausts on so I had to return it. There were a few other niggles here and there I wasn't happy with, but hopefully I'll have my bike back by this time next week.

As a treat I bought myself a tail tidy and some old school indicators for when it arrives back :)

I currently have a Honda NC750S which is okay but I find it difficult to change gears because I can't hear the engine and the tacho is LCD and really small. A bike is a bike though and I had good fun on it tonight :D

Back
Top Bottom