• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
What driver you using? If it's 15.11 that's old man 16.2.1 has profile for division

Im on the latest just meant I wasnt sure of performance generally (IE clock problems) because of just switching. Found out it was in borderless windowed which was why crossfire doesn't work.

Crossfire is working now but I would have expected close to 100% usage on both cards, where as I am getting 70 - 90% usually. Also crazy flicker :(

Associate
AMDmatt you told us we would have crossfire support for "the division" would you like me to show you what crossfire does when playing this game ?

plrease tell me who i should shout at the most.... AMD or UBI

because you guys are all pushing 4k gaming... which is expensive to run... make a game that has crossfire so i can do a proprer 4k revirew rather than a flashing screen ffs

sorry i spend a lot on my pc rigs and its a total let down every time AMD

Associate
I'm with you! Jumped in The Division and was highly disappointed that the claim of a xfire profile seems to have been a joke :(

"technically" it's "working" but I'm getting weird screen ghosting and performance is almost that of a single card.

Soldato
Raptr seems to cause my card to throttle up randomly (Card was reaching 70C playing league of legends!!).

I know it was that as when i uninstalled it and restarted my PC, the game only made my GPU reach 40C at max.

Anyone else finding that Raptr makes their GPU get warmer than it should when playing a game that shouldn't be remotely taxing for the GPU.

Maybe it's the constant recording features?

When I used it I didn't have any problems... (even with constant recording).

That said I don't use it now, preferring instead Micro$ofts game recording feature...

Permabanned
I heard there was some downclocking issues with Crimson however I just updated from latest Catalyst 15.11.1 beta to latest Crimson drivers, just want to confirm that I don't have that issue?

I was running GTA V to get the stats below and using Sapphire R9 290

3c9cc8.jpg

I haven't been having problems with it either (not since the first Crimson update) although I did check FO4 yesterday and notice a very broken pattern with the gpu-z graph, It had a low of around 700, I think it might be due to the 60 fps limit of the game (I have not tweaked or modded it yet) but I do not get a consistent 60 anyway, It dips into the 50's a lot so it would be better if I could turn the power saving feature off. Whoever thought not having the option to turn it on and off was a good idea needs a kick in the goolies, Maybe they're taking advice from Microsoft now?

Associate
I have a fan profile setup in MSI Afterburner however after installing the latest Crimson drivers, the fans doesn't spin up according to my fan profile and the max it spins is 30%, is this a bug?

Soldato
Stupid question, does Afterburner show the fan curve in the Settings tabs, and does the main screen show "Auto" and "User Defined" both active? I remember my fans being stuck at 30% once a year or so ago, and found my User Defined was defaulting to de-activated. Activating it and a couple of restarts to check and it never went wrong again in my case - weird AB quirk!

Associate
Stupid question, does Afterburner show the fan curve in the Settings tabs, and does the main screen show "Auto" and "User Defined" both active? I remember my fans being stuck at 30% once a year or so ago, and found my User Defined was defaulting to de-activated. Activating it and a couple of restarts to check and it never went wrong again in my case - weird AB quirk!
Yes, in MSI Afterburner, it shows the fan curve in Settings and Auto and User Defined is both enabled.

Associate
Whats this play.tv crap? why has it decided to start recording my videos without asking me, why cant I turn this bloatware crap off while in game.

It did ask you but probably you clicked X without reading their announcement window. It told you that Play TV is active, if you want to disable it, you can do that in options. I saw that page yesterday. disabled play.tv straight away.

Back
Top Bottom