Courtesy cars!

Associate
The worst one I've had was a Kia Rio with 100k miles and a dodgy clutch. I'd have loved to have had a 1.2 Corsa instead!

Best was a brand new Leon FR with less than 1000 miles and all the options ticked.

Soldato
I had a 1.2 15 plate close SRI as a courtesy car when my ST got vandalized and honestly the engine was pathetic. On what planet is 75bhp acceptable in this day and age with the weight of a modern hatchback?!

Granted it had plenty of kit for a Corsa such as touchscreen entertainment system, auto lights/wipers and cruise control but this far from made up for the downfalls. The seats had NO lumber support at all and I felt like I was going to fall out of them on mild cornering, and you routinely had to rev the thing to ~6k RPM just to keep up with the flow of traffic.

Soldato
My Octy vRS is in having a new inlet manifold fitted and I'm running around in a little Fabia diesel.
I feel like I'm sitting 20ft off the ground - I know the Octy isn't exactly low, but this feels so high in comparison.
Also just cannot do the same overtaking moves I'd do in the Octy - by the time I'm thinking about it in the little Fabia it would have been completed in the Octy.

Looking forward to getting my own motor back tomorrow.

Associate
Last time the MR2 was in the shop I had an Audi TT Quattro S-line, a nice enough car but hamstrung by an awful diesel engine. Not sure why anyone would want DSG on a tractor.

Oddly enough, a TT decided to use the rear end of the MR2 to stop at a roundabout this morning, so a week or so in a hire car to look forward to. I just hope its not a derv coupe.

Soldato
Had 2 good ones recently for different reasons.

Vauxhall Insignia SRi - got it when someone ran into the back of the wife's golf. Had just had an extension done and loads of rubble and building waste to dispose of. Spent a few weekends doing 30+ tip runs with 20-30 rubble bags in the back. Reckon it saved me about 4 skips at £180 each.

Mercedes A180d Sport Auto - again for the wife's golf when the repairs done on the incident above was found to be faulty. It arrived at my house with 37 miles on the clock! Had it for 3 weeks and loved the interior and auto driving style. Influenced my decision to not get another Clio for the wife when the golf went back when she changed jobs, so got one in a manual (due to the deal), will probably be a bigger Merc/BMW auto when the lease ends.

Don
Had a F Type V6S coupe last week, worst I ever had was a Perodua something or other, basically an economy version of a rebadged old shape Micra (I had Impreza STi at time)

Back
Top Bottom