*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
Going to have to resort to Odin I think. Have an unlocked edge currently on O2 but not had a whiff of an update since I got it in December.

As long as I don't brick it I don''t mind about the data, it's all backed up so here goes nothing...

Associate
I updated my colleagues O2 Branded one to the BTU ROM that has come out recently, ODIN didn't wipe any of his data but I advised a factory reset to eliminate bugs.

Initial opinions is must faster UI and response, Finger print scanner significantly faster too, Battery life he has yet to notice any improvement but will give it a few days.

Having used it myself I must admit it is much faster than Lollipop ever was.

Soldato
Going to have to resort to Odin I think. Have an unlocked edge currently on O2 but not had a whiff of an update since I got it in December.

As long as I don't brick it I don''t mind about the data, it's all backed up so here goes nothing...
It's like so simple to use odin, you'll have no issues.

Associate
Just noticed a couple of anomalies with the final BTU version of MM on my S6. The user manual is in French and I am unable to see any of my IMAP custom folders in the default mail app except inbox, sent, draft etc.

Tried a hard reset and the issues remain. Please could someone check their phone to see whether these issues are replicated on their device. Thanks.

Associate
Let us know how it goes.

I'm on the verge of using Odin to update mine.

Sick of waiting for Samsung.

Just in the process of updating the OS now, fingers crossed. Not messed about with android for ages.

Edit: all done, took about 1 min to load the file into Odin (Odin goes unresponsive for 30 secs), 5 mins to install, phone flashes on and says installing, reboots, couple of mins to optimise apps (78 in total), contacts and messages still there, phone seems fine.

Not sure if it's cos I'm on O2 or have an imported phone but checked for the update everyday for a fortnight and it never came through. Might have to go Nexus on next upgrade.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just an quick one. Checked earlier and no update for me, check a minute ago and it found a 1.3gb OTA update which it's currently downloading. S6 flat on Three. Woop woop!

Associate
just got my new S6 and after playing with it a bit I updated to Marshmallow, now the option to switch off the camera shutter noise has gone and everytime I switch my phone back on it doesnt recognise my fingerprint and I have to enter my password.

Soldato
I've got an odd one someone may be able to help with. Setup fingerprint unlock with a password way before the update, updated last night and now it's asking for an unlock pattern to change the lock screen security and to change fingerprints but as I said I choose to use a password not pattern.

Associate
Anyone noticed doze doesn't seem to be doing anything in Marshmallow?

It was quite aggressive on lollipop and also on my Pixel C.

But it's not killing off applications at all on my S6 with Marshmallow, I noticed a few apps active in background for a few hours now, they've been installed for over a week and they are being optimized apparently.

Caporegime
Phone feels really sluggish now after the update. I'm not sure if it's because Nova Launcher and SwiftKey haven't been updated (have they?) but typing and general use is slightly frustrating. The vibration has also gone weird. Feels like my GS3 did.

Edit: Chrome sucks too.

Soldato
Phone feels really sluggish now after the update. I'm not sure if it's because Nova Launcher and SwiftKey haven't been updated (have they?) but typing and general use is slightly frustrating. The vibration has also gone weird. Feels like my GS3 did.

Maybe need a factory reset

Permabanned

Factory reset after every major update should be compulsory for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom