**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
Sounds like you're in an area where your signal quality is low? That has a big impact on battery life.

I haven't switched my S7 Edge to be my main phone yet but it has 2 hours screen on time and almost 2 days "usage" with 20% left.

I'd hope not as I live and work in central Manchester...although I have noticed that my signal has been pretty poor today.

Associate
anyone seen any skins for sale for the regular s7?

I've got a spigen case but I love the bare phone feel! just want to keep that back scratch free and less slippery!

dbrand will have good quality vinyls for the back, including a leather effect one but they won't be dispatched until sometime next week and from the US so a bit of a wait for postage.

Soldato
Anyone buying from Amazon had any progress? Mines saying that its coming tomorrow but no order progress as yet.

My Amazon UK order was cancelled this morning by Amazon. Had an apology email and a £25 gift certificate off them in the email. Bit of hassle but I'm kind of glad now to see what prices are like when back in stock.

Associate
My Amazon UK order was cancelled this morning by Amazon. Had an apology email and a £25 gift certificate off them in the email. Bit of hassle but I'm kind of glad now to see what prices are like when back in stock.

Had a quick chat on the live chat and the person was confident it would be dispatched later on today. Price has dropped about £7 since I placed the order, not much but better than nothing.

Associate
anyone else have a bit very slight faint crackling on the ear speaker when talking to someone else on max volume? is that normal with latest Samsung's? (coming from htc one m8) last Samsung i had was an s3

Last edited:
Associate
loving the phone. Got the s7 edge and coming from an m8 its quite a big leap (shame about the speakers though).

Has anyone got a custom LED colour app to work? tried light manager but wasn't playing ball :/

Soldato
Finally had a little hands on time with both models today... If the S7 edge didn't have the edge I'd be sort of tempted to get one but the screen annoyed me just like the s6 edge did. Pointless gimmick imo. Regular S7 was nice but too small and battery life a concern.

Soldato
Is there anyway to enable WhatsApp icon on the always-on display widget? Other than just the stock calls/messages icon

No, and thats been a criticism of the always on display, the notifications only work with the stock apps. Hopefully they can allow others to utilise it, otherwise it becomes fairly pointless.

Associate
1hr 35mins to charge from 4% to 100%

That's pretty impressive to say the least for a 3600mAh battery and "only" QC2.0. Also, not seen 4hrs screen on time for ages based on my work location and -95dBm cell reception keeping the battery working hard. This is sweet! Normally it's 2-3hrs with the Z5/Z3, a shade more on Marshmallow.

how do you find the dbm for the cell reception?

Soldato
Is anyone using any these two Samsung S7 edge cases and what do you think of them ?

I like the clear view one but am worried it going to get covered in scratches really easy when it in my pockets..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom