The Division. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I haven't noticed this yet, it always seems to spawn me in the checkpoint before the one you are on.

The problem occurs when you reach a checkpoint, an attack starts and your squad gets pushed back. You then end up spawning on the checkpoint which has been overrun.

Last night, me and Tess ended up spawning right infront of a turret a boss had placed, with a lvl 30 cleaner standing behind the spawn point. As soon as you spawned, the turret would hose you while the cleaner set you on fire. At level 21, you go down quickly to a lvl 30 cleaner camping your spawn (~0.5 secs).

Soldato
Level 10 at the moment and haven't even put a single step in DZ as yet. I agree that missions tend to be all the same, similar enemies, duck, cover, shoot etc and yes the story makes a COD story look good. But for some reason that I cannot put my finger on, I love it. I love exploring, running around the city, upgrading kit etc and the core shooting I think is brilliant.

It's actually so good that it has kept me away from playing The Witcher 3 for nearly a week!

dont go to DZ unless you prepared lol, im level 5 and went in to check it out and first i died from decontamination then i died 3 times from level 13 gangs :rolleyes:.

to everyone else: you if join a team is it of a variety level or a mixture? while im dying a decent amount, i am liking it on my own.

Caporegime
How do I go about installing xenthor's reshade? Is there a step by step guide for a total reshade noob? :(

It is super basic, just copy and paste a few files into the directory of the division:

The Reshade folder and its 2 files must be placed at the game root folder, and can be downloaded there:

BALANCED: Less dark, less saturated version without Cinematic Black-borders:

https://mega.nz/#!hh9B3TxY!k9mDR4lO6G2eE9C27THfYpTaKqNq1L-04FkNLNPXt04

COLORFUL Without Cinematic Black-borders:

https://mega.nz/#!YtkCRSoC!TnnOIAP9zjdIITRZ8Puhf7uGEFoRhT-XPxMLv09EVrE

COLORFUL With Cinematic Black-borders:

https://mega.nz/#!F9sGQCrJ!9BRJraUqpVf3C5MUwV4t09jl6KTrGbmSf32dp2kekZY

Caporegime
Depends what one you go with, a lot of them are far too overdone (probably made by people with crappy old out of the box TN monitors :p) Some games don't really need any colour adjustment but I quite like the sharpness adjustments, they get rid of the foggy soft look and the SMAA injector is often a lot better than games aa settings.

Soldato
i am really impressed with how this runs on a computer that doesnt meet the minimum on the high preset or ultra preset from with 13-25fps considering how demanding it is, like fallout 4, might get some stutter, but perfectly playable compared to a lot of games.

Associate
This can be fixed so easy ! Give people a ROGUE only Rank with the best weapons and watch the DZ turn nasty. :)

The DZ needs to be hard ! currently everyone is just going around looting the chests and getting them lifted out np at all ! They need to make people fight in this zone.

Last edited:
Associate
CHEATERS already.
Got nailed through a truck yesterday but come guy who was floating. Then got nailed through a building by some guy on a parallel street. WTF is wrong with these sad idiots. One was called KellyQ I think and ther other one was something ASupport.
This needs fixing pronto

Last edited:
Permabanned
Used Sweet FX for a while now I turn them off, I turned the contrast down which makes it look great, think adding FX's unbalances things.

3D LUT with Reshade is the way to go. Has zero impact with framerates and is the best natural profile you can get without any oversaturation or taxing sharpening effects.

Before
OLWqYCol.png.jpg

After
hGYBRALl.png.jpg

CHEATERS already.
Got nailed through a truck yesterday but come guy who was floating. Then got nailed through a building by some guy on a parallel street. WTF is wrong with these sad idiots. One was called KellyQ I think and ther other one was something ASupport.
This needs fixing pronto

Report them to Ubisoft via their forums. If you have any video evidence it will help getting them banned instantly. Thankfully I haven't come across any.

Soldato
This game's definitely caught my interest but I have two questions:

1.How's the single player?
2.Can I expect it to run decently on a weak ass 970 at 1440p without looking like a PS3 game? This is one of the titles where AMD really pulls ahead and it's Ubisoft we're dealing with so I'm not sure.

Associate
This game's definitely caught my interest but I have two questions:

1.How's the single player?
2.Can I expect it to run decently on a weak ass 970 at 1440p without looking like a PS3 game? This is one of the titles where AMD really pulls ahead and it's Ubisoft we're dealing with so I'm not sure.

Runs alright at 1440p, right up until it hits anything over 3.5 GB vRAM at which point it seems to get a bit touchy.

Soldato
Runs alright at 1440p, right up until it hits anything over 3.5 GB vRAM at which point it seems to get a bit touchy.

Never had that stuttering problem with the card going up to 3750mb in SoM with ultra textures or in any other game for that matter but if it really goes south after breaching 3.5gb, I'll just bring the textures down a notch or something.

What about the single player portion? Is it decent?

Soldato
CHEATERS already.
This needs fixing pronto

Saw my first one last night one shotting named lvl30s(unless you legitimately can get that powerful?).

Apparantly jackfragz was told anti cheat is coming in a month(no idea which video and cba to watch them all to find it sorry). Hopefully not battleye :(.

Soldato
Never had that stuttering problem with the card going up to 3750mb in SoM with ultra textures or in any other game for that matter but if it really goes south after breaching 3.5gb, I'll just bring the textures down a notch or something.

What about the single player portion? Is it decent?

The 970 will run it at 1440p with reasonable settings for sure. Just maybe not very high everything.

The normal areas in this for encounters/side missions are fine for Solo play and are fun, as well as going around finding items marked on the map like echos/phones etc. Solo is fun for them.

The main story elements are better with a team of people as they are quite hard solo - especially when you get to the higher level ones.

In the DZ - I have done a good amount of that solo and it is such a challenge but once again is more fun with a team or at least 1 other person.

IMO - Solo is still fun, and worth a shot, but the main element of this game is having other people with you

Soldato
Saw my first one last night one shotting named lvl30s(unless you legitimately can get that powerful?).

Apparantly jackfragz was told anti cheat is coming in a month(no idea which video and cba to watch them all to find it sorry). Hopefully not battleye :(.

I did a bit of digging and luckily it isn't that big at the moment. They are using Cheat Engine to modify recoil/damage etc but people have been banned already.

Associate
Single player is ok, but the game is really meant for group action, the more you have in the group the more fun.

Example - If your solo the missions will spawn about 4 mobs in a wave, if theres 2 of you, it will spawn 6 mobs, 3 players 8 mobs, these arent actual numbers, just a rough guess, I dont usually have time to sit & count them.

In a group you can also set up differently to solo, you arent going to need 4 with a scan, 2 at most, then one can have a sticky bomb or seeker mine, & the other can use a shield, or whatever you feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom