• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Thanks, will try those settings tomorrow, took a few screenshots and something just looks of about it even on the start screen, the character looks weird i.e. look at the jacket, it should be a rather bright purple like in the second screenshot:

KY5zqVOh.png.jpg

rR9btXah.png.jpg

NWeQ9YXh.png.jpg

I tried switching AO from HBAO+ to ultra and contact shadows to all high too.

Associate
I have noticed that when turning off power saving in the crimson control panel that the division plays smoother. Does anyone know why that is?

Looking at the gpu core clock line in afterburner shows no difference so what's happening?

Associate
Could be Tony, I'm keeping an open mind.

Unfortunately one of my Fury X cards died, so i can't test FreeSync CrossFire on my system. I'm not seeing any fluctuation with one Fury X and Freesync enabled.

@AMDMatt did you have any warning before the card gave out? just recently I installed 16.3 after using DDU.

A problem has arisen when I either open multiple tabs in google chrome where the display starts flickering and bugging out getting worse over time and the only cure is a restart to resets it. (back to ok)

and after playing a game for a long duration it will bug out also.

I'm using msi afterburner / clockblocker and power efficency off, is there some sort of clash here? I only have clockblocker for the time being because in the game I've been playing recently (BO3) with crossfire enabled power efficency toggle isn't enough to keep the framerate solid / consistent.

I always switch to single card for CS:GO & DOTA 2 because they dont play nicely with CFX.

Is my card going to die? :|

Associate
@AMDMatt did you have any warning before the card gave out? just recently I installed 16.3 after using DDU.

A problem has arisen when I either open multiple tabs in google chrome where the display starts flickering and bugging out getting worse over time and the only cure is a restart to resets it. (back to ok)

and after playing a game for a long duration it will bug out also.

I'm using msi afterburner / clockblocker and power efficency off, is there some sort of clash here? I only have clockblocker for the time being because in the game I've been playing recently (BO3) with crossfire enabled power efficency toggle isn't enough to keep the framerate solid / consistent.

I always switch to single card for CS:GO & DOTA 2 because they dont play nicely with CFX.

I may have jumped the gun, turned power efficiency back on in radeon settings and the screen isn't going garbled anymore I think when quitting a 3d application clock blocker was trying to set power saving out of 3d mode and radeon settings was raising it... not sure, I'm retarded. seems ok since turning on efficiency and using clockblocker to boost CFX FURY X.

makes a huge difference.

Associate
Hi guys,
I'll apologize first off, these questions have probably been asked before but Googling isn't paying off at the moment!

Getting my first Freesync capable monitor this week.
While it is a relatively cheap one compared to some, I am looking forward to seeing the tech in action.
I have a beta driver which should allow the monitor to run Freesync between 35hz and 75hz.

Setting it up for gaming, should I turn Vsync off in everything and leave the FPS uncapped or capped to 75 (Max refresh rate of the monitor)?
Should I use MSI Afterburner or the AMD Crimsons controls to limit the FPS?

Will overlay displays such as Afterburner or Steam cause any issues with Freesync?

Does VSR/Virtual Super Resolution work with Freesync on the latest 16.3 AMD Driver?

Cheers!

Associate
<...>

Please stop panicking. I have 3 Fury Xs folding 24/7. 2 of them are in the same system. Stock coolers as well. I had them roughly similar amount of time as Matt did. The difference is I was 24/7 folding on them while Matt probably was just gaming on them and switching them off at night/during day. On the other hand I was less inclined to play around with voltages and clocks as Matt was.
Either way, one dead fury x will never mean that all of them are going to die.

Associate
Hi guys,
I'll apologize first off, these questions have probably been asked before but Googling isn't paying off at the moment!

While it is a relatively cheap one compared to some, I am looking forward to seeing the tech in action.
I have a beta driver which should allow the monitor to run Freesync between 35hz and 75hz.

Setting it up for gaming, should I turn Vsync off in everything and leave the FPS uncapped or capped to 75 (Max refresh rate of the monitor)?

Will overlay displays such as Afterburner or Steam cause any issues with Freesync?

Does VSR/Virtual Super Resolution work with Freesync on the latest 16.3 AMD Driver?

Cheers!
I run v-sync off and use the frame rate target control to limit my fps to 59 (one below my 60Hz monitor max). You get the best tear free experience vs keeping v-sync on.

No issues with AB OSD or Steam overlay :)

Caporegime
Amd releasing another dual gpu.... let's hope they now setup a dedicated xfire team. Either that or dx12 means we don't have to wait on them.

Its not being plugged as a gaming card.

Hi guys,

Cheers!

I run v-sync off and use the frame rate target control to limit my fps to 59 (one below my 60Hz monitor max). You get the best tear free experience vs keeping v-sync on.

Same here, v-sync off in games, and i use AB to set a frame cap (you can use the Crimsons frame limiter as well if you want, makes no difference), im on 144Hz, so i just cap to 143. :)

Last edited:
Associate

Thanks for the replies :)
So I'll try cap using Crimson to 74.

Have you guys tried VSR while using Freesync? Do they work together?

Back
Top Bottom