Black Desert Online

Associate
Enjoying the game so far, spent most of last night letting my creativity run wild in the character creation screen :D

Rolled a few characters and played a Valkyrie to 12 this evening. There's a lot to take in however I like that this game has the combat style of GW2 blended with elements from ArchAge. There's so much to explore to keep my attention.

Is there space available in the guild for a newb to join? Family name is Castaignede.

Soldato
Also have a spare guest pass if anyone wants it. And wouldnt mind being able to get into the guild if any room, only level 16 but just really enjoying running around being an utter noob, trying to drop the WoW quest hub mentality is also a challenge after 11+ years of it :D

Edit: Family name is Tiresius

Last edited:
Associate
I'd absolutely love a guest pass if anyone has one, been looking for a new MMO for years!

From reading the comments I am more than intrigued as to what the game has to offer.

Soldato
Had a quick dabble tonight, does look quite fun and very pretty. Played as a tamer for a bit which seems ok.... Might give Sorceress a try tomorrow as that looks pretty darn fun too.

I saw that there is an OCUK guild on Alustin if so who should I /w for invite, assuming there is still space. That's where I figured I'd make a my chars.

Only thing that annoyed me a bit was the huge amount of spam in general chat (I think it is) for gold selling... man that did not take long. Going to carry on playing on the guest pass but I might eventually buy it. If I do I'll give away my guest pass I get with it on here.

Associate
im playing a tamer and wiz an always go back to my tamer once you get to level 20 everything changes you get a pet an a lot lot more stronger an better at aoe grinding

Associate
Been away with work for a while so I haven't had a chance to jump on and play for the past week or so, I've got a bit of time off next week so I shall be planning on grinding up a bit.

Got my headset delivered on Monday as well, so I can finally make use of Discord.
Had a quick dabble tonight, does look quite fun and very pretty. Played as a tamer for a bit which seems ok.... Might give Sorceress a try tomorrow as that looks pretty darn fun too.

I saw that there is an OCUK guild on Alustin if so who should I /w for invite, assuming there is still space. That's where I figured I'd make a my chars.

Only thing that annoyed me a bit was the huge amount of spam in general chat (I think it is) for gold selling... man that did not take long. Going to carry on playing on the guest pass but I might eventually buy it. If I do I'll give away my guest pass I get with it on here.
I'm really enjoying the Sorceress, her move set is so chaotic and fun to play with. The class has a pretty good balance of moves that drain mana to deal increased damage or deal lower damage to either restore mana or health.
Mark of Shadow is a pretty useful move (Shift + RMB) as it's a bit like a chain lightning attack that absorbs the health of anything it damages to heal you. You can also keep it going while dodging by rolling sideways... it burns through mana insanely fast though.

Here's the guild contacts that were last posted:
Dreysie
Navikose
Gilraen
Durion
Wolfborn - Vallera

I don't see any benefit to viewing the general/global chat during the early game, so I've created a new chat tab that doesn't include it. Might be worth doing if the gold selling spam is bothering you.

Soldato
Bare in mind this game promotes AFKing so if you message someone and don't get a reply they aren't just ignoring you.

Also, don't use the direct chat thing in the friends list as it's a nightmare. Just whisper, but to whisper you use the character name and not the family name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom