Photography Show 2016 (NEC 19th-22nd March)

Associate
Just thought I would remind people about the upcoming show at the NEC next weekend. I've been the past 2-3 years and it's always been good fun, and you can definitely find some decent discounts (depending on what you're looking for).

Might be tempted by a couple of FE lenses for my A7R if the price is right ;)

http://www.photographyshow.com/welcome

PS: Apologies if somebody else has created a thread, I couldn't see one after a brief look

Associate
The Alec Soth, Bruce Gilden, and David Bailey talks will be good. I'm not terribly interested in all the gear though, but that's just me having all the stuff I need at the moment.

Associate
It's a great place to look at all the various accessory manufacturers stuff, tripods, kit bags, lighting etc. Plus a chance to try lenses that my local camera shop doesn't stock.

I've not been to any of the seminars though.

This year I am going to log my visit with my Mamiya RB67, will be fun.

Associate
Went yesterday and caught the talk by Lara Jade.

Im a photogrpahy teacher and took a load of students with me, and the talk was very inspirational and some great work ethics and tips for getting into the fashion world.

Did get to look and play with the new Irix lens, looks very nice, great build quality as well.

On the whole, last years was better for the stands sales point of view. But the talk made up for all of that this year.

Also saw Kai form Digital Rev TV.

Soldato
I went today, yes good discounts to be had. Annoying saw a few things I just bought a lot cheaper, grrrr!

Good to try out hardware for future purchases and generally see what's in the market.

Associate
Best free talk the woman who is the set photographer on game of thrones
Loads of stunning pictures she has taken over 840,000 so far
Had a play with the d500 d5 and the 200-500.

Associate
Bought the Canon 70-200 F4L for £385 which seemed like a good price, same stand were doing the Canon EF 100 IS Macro for less than £500.

Also grabbed a load of Ilford Delta films in 120 format for a decent price.

Some good tripod stuff on display, particularly for Video Cameras, has given me a few ideas on ways to steady my Mamiya with the heavier lenses.

Back
Top Bottom