• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
don't blame you, never used crossfire but with everything I read I don't think I ever will. I will just stick to one decent card

I've done the same. To the point where I got a cheaper MBoard and wasn't bothered that it only had one GPU slot. Years ago I thought about crossfiring 4750's, but realised it was too much hassle and upgraded instead.

Associate
I've done the same. To the point where I got a cheaper MBoard and wasn't bothered that it only had one GPU slot. Years ago I thought about crossfiring 4750's, but realised it was too much hassle and upgraded instead.

without an easy support (maybe with dx12 when in widespread)... my opinion is that not worth it...

you better do if always buy a powerful single card... ;)

and not only, until now there has always been a need for continual updating by the drivers team..
they need to find a method to avoid this, dx12 should be designed to let game developers optimize for multigpu, but I don't think that's the way...
they need to find a routine by API in order to automatically adjust any game for using multigpu setup...any single game with no exception
obviously if they want to exploit the multigpu capabilities and not to cause a headache to users :D

Associate
Yea I'm finally starting to agree with the lot of you talking about stepping away from AMD... I've been supportive and justifying of them for so long now and honestly love my setup, but the past 10 or so games I've purchased maybe two of them properly utilize what I have :(

Time to sell and never touch mGPU again until dx12 PROVES it works efficiently. If not whatever.

Until then, I might be grabbing a 980ti for now lol. It hurts

Associate
Yea I'm finally starting to agree with the lot of you talking about stepping away from AMD... I've been supportive and justifying of them for so long now and honestly love my setup, but the past 10 or so games I've purchased maybe two of them properly utilize what I have :(

Time to sell and never touch mGPU again until dx12 PROVES it works efficiently. If not whatever.

Until then, I might be grabbing a 980ti for now lol. It hurts

Don't forget to get 2 980tis, just that you could see that other side is no greener. It is so easy to blame AMD these days and forget that other side struggles even more with it.

Caporegime
Don't forget to get 2 980tis, just that you could see that other side is no greener. It is so easy to blame AMD these days and forget that other side struggles even more with it.

I switched from a 295x2 to a pair of sweet eVGA 980's. Haven't looked back tbh...

It's going to take AMD a LONG time to improve Crossfire, and in the meantime SLi is an option (which is much better supported imo, but that's just MY opinion having tried both sides)

Soldato
I switched from a 295x2 to a pair of sweet eVGA 980's. Haven't looked back tbh...

It's going to take AMD a LONG time to improve Crossfire, and in the meantime SLi is an option (which is much better supported imo, but that's just MY opinion having tried both sides)

This is true but it most certainly isn't a hassle free experience with SLI either in my experience. It is even worse when you play games that are not mainstream such as flight sims etc.

Soldato
I've been a little disappointed with multi-GPU incompatible games recently but for the games I own/was looking forward to, it appears to be the game causing issues for both camps, rather than it simply being AMD at fault. With DX12 putting the control of multi-GPU into the hands of the developers, I am planning to switch to a single GPU with the next generation and wait it out until the developers start properly supporting multi-GPU, which I assume is going to be a generation or two of GPUs.

Now just need the next generation to hurry up and provide a single GPU with the same raw horsepower at high resolutions as my current two have. :D

Caporegime
This is true but it most certainly isn't a hassle free experience with SLI either in my experience. It is even worse when you play games that are not mainstream such as flight sims etc.

No I agree, but considering I play mainstream games it's pretty good and have been happy (generally) with it :)

Associate

I'm not going mGPU at all anymore as I said.. until they (either company) proves it's worth it. I know AMD is really pushing for this. I've been with AMD for many many years and have defended them and justified owning their products that I've spent a good bit on. It's not about greener grass on any side, it's about going single gpu and sticking with the fastest single gpu currently out.

Associate
I've been a little disappointed with multi-GPU incompatible games recently but for the games I own/was looking forward to, it appears to be the game causing issues for both camps, rather than it simply being AMD at fault. With DX12 putting the control of multi-GPU into the hands of the developers, I am planning to switch to a single GPU with the next generation and wait it out until the developers start properly supporting multi-GPU, which I assume is going to be a generation or two of GPUs.

Now just need the next generation to hurry up and provide a single GPU with the same raw horsepower at high resolutions as my current two have. :D

Exactly.. it could be a couple years before dx12 actually shows the fruits of it's labor for mGPU for both companies. For now it's single gpu and whoever has the fastest of that. Currently that is a well clocked 980 ti.

Associate
I have a problem where when I change the resolution using CCC, after a minute it keeps changing back again. This is annoying as it defaulted to 720p and when I set to to 1080p it changes back after a minute or so, even if I close CCC.

(If I change the resolution using the Windows options, it goes to 1080i /30Hz :/ )

When troubleshooting it's good to know at least what OS and driver version you are on. When you change resolution, do you get a dialog box asking you to confirm the change? I remember there was a bug in pre Crimson drivers, where you don't get the confirmation box in some cases. It happens if you disabled some options in Personalization/Start windows settings. Yes weird I know.

Your problem may be different though.

Caporegime
OP
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2 Driver

4KVBy2M.png

Hello everyone,

Click here to download the driver.

Support for
Oculus Rift™ SDK v1.3
AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo

Updated Crossfire Profiles available for
Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture™
Hitman™ in DirectX®11

For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers, please refer to the following support resources:

How-To Uninstall AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers from a Windows® Based System
How-To Install AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers on a Windows® Based System

Resolved Issues:
Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive fails to stretch on non-native display aspect ratios. As part of the new Display Scaling per game feature, users can set “GPU Scaling” to “On” and “Scaling Mode” to “Full Panel” in the Display options tab in Radeon™ Settings as well as setting “Display Scaling” to “Full Panel” in their CSGO gaming profile under the “Gaming, Profile Options” tabs for this to take effect.
AMD Radeon™ Fury Series may experience corruption on desktop when system is idle for an extended period of time.
FFXIV can experience black screen or experience an application hang.
XCOM2™ may experience minor stutter while the camera is panning around a scene.
Radeon™ Settings check for software update may not display the latest available driver.

Known Issues:
A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
Need For Speed™ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around users can disable the profile through the Radeon™ Settings game manager.
The Division™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
DOTA2™ may experience game menu flickering when entering full screen mode with AMD Crossfire™ enabled.
League of Legends® may experience some graphical corruption on characters death animation in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
XCOM2™ users may experience an application crash when using AMD Crossfire™ mode. As a work around please disable AMD Crossfire™ for the games profile in the Radeon™ Settings Gaming tab.
Hitman™ may experience flickering when played in DirectX™ 11 mode. As a work around users are recommended to set the game to DirectX™ 12 mode in the games launcher.

AMD Issue Reporting Form:
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

Soldato
It's easy to blame AMD also Tony.. How meny drivers been released now? What does that honestly tell you? It's clearly a issue AMD needs to work with the developer and not something AMD can just patch up alone.

It boggles my mind why so many people on here think everything is down to AMD or even Nvidia when it comes to crossfire or sli it's more than one party involved.
I can understand your concern after buying two GPUs but have you even considered getting onto Ubisoft back also? Or you just going to keep spamming AMD?

Back
Top Bottom