The Asteroid 8Pack Mini ITX Custom gaming system touches down at OCUK.

Associate
£4000 and it is only single GPU and only 8GB RAM!

Seems pricey

It is a lot and i'm wary myself negotiating buying a Comet at moment. You are paying for 8 Pack's Time, The High End Components, The Support and Full Customisation that is offered in terms of colour design etc.

Of course it's cheaper if you build it yourself but honestly I know I haven't got the skill to do it and also specially if something goes wrong with Watercooling it's not a simple thing to fix.

OcUK Staff
OP

Seems pricey

The R and D that goes into such a system is large. Developing the Case. The cherry picking of components. Testing various configurations and specs and the mods all go along way to justifying the cost. The RAM is specially binned for me not off the shelf stuff, hand braided cables tc etc.

Then on top of this we have great service, extended warranty and labour free upgrades and tweaks.

The 8Pack system is the no expense spared solution to a brief. This PC is aimed at incredible power in a very small footprint with almost silent operation and unique eye catching styling. I believe we reached the brief and so do Techradar in there review.

For example most Asteroid will ship with 4.8cpu 4.5 cache and 3866mhz mems. This is a top 10% Skylake CPU with great, core and IMC so u want to build this yourself you have the cash to bin 10 CPU to find 1?I mean in some batches you might try 30 cpu before u find one. In the 8Pack solution this is all provided for.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is still a lot of money for what it is

Seems pricey

Have to agree, seems way to much for the spec regardless of RnD. But yeah, you're paying for the knowledge that goes into overclocking it and the fine touches, more so if you've never done it before. But my former point still stands.

Last edited:
Soldato
I checked this out over the weekend and I have to say it is a beautiful machine. It is always great to speak to 8 Pack and it was excellent to see him so passionate about the Asteroid! Much want.

Back
Top Bottom