NUS wants to ban gay men from LGBT+ commities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So will the new LBT be servering BLT sarnies at their first meeting or will they all be vegans as well?

It seems to me that a minority of people, from all walks of life, just want to discriminate and the NUS is no different.

Caporegime
Universities seem to have become excessively PC in some attempt to misguidedly create a utopia where nobody ever gets offended.

At one of our local universities, a student officer has had a complaint made against them for raising their arms in the air and shaking their head: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/04/01/safe-space-gesture_n_9592090.html

That's amazing. Their safe space policy includes this gem:

Section 6c of the Student's Association's safe space policy says that council members should be respectful and considerate.

This is defined as: "Refraining from hand gestures which denote disagreement or in any other way indicating disagreement with a point or points being made. Disagreements should only be evident through the normal course of debate."

Emphasis mine.

A debate where you can't shake your dead, sigh, raise your voice... but must instead sit completely motionless, delivering your rebuttal in monotone, low-volume, non-accentuated speech.

Amazeballs.

Caporegime
I'd love to go to school there. I'd be kicked out within a week, guaranteed. I was bullied a ton at school (you try being 15 and African in a Dutch school, unable to speak Dutch) and it turned me in to the wonderful ray of sunshine I am today. These schools are raising a generation of pussies.

Soldato
Universities seem to have become excessively PC in some attempt to misguidedly create a utopia where nobody ever gets offended.

All of which serves to distract those students on degrees studying Lord of the Rings that they are paying 9 grand a year for 6 hours a week of direct teaching, while the chancellor has just awarded himself a 40pc pay rise because "you need to pay for the best or he'll go elsewhere"

Soldato
Many of these BS courses serve the purpose of funding more more expensive to run courses. Some pieces of equipment i used at university could pretty much cover the cost of running some of the less legitimate courses. I would not put it down to greed but rather this ridiculous ideal that everyone has a place at university and by not going, you are deprived of opportunity.

The cost of tuitions is by no means high compared to the cost of running the university and cost of running some courses.

Soldato
They should get on with some bloody work and stop poncing about. Homosexuals were once grateful for legal status, they'd like to make it compulsory to be sexually "different" these days. Many of us are sick and tired of students whining about this and that and forming their sad little cliques of politically correct clap trap. No wonder some young males in the UK find the masculine, testosterone fuelled world of IS attractive when they see these lot effeminately pontificating about nothing. No wonder so many students then stumble around in the real work place. The ones whinging about the "terrible" Cecil Rhodes whilst enjoying the privilege of one of his magnanimous scholarships are particularly abhorrent. I'd give them a good dose of National Service, somewhere hot and nasty ;)

Just wanted to point out this douchey comment so it doesn't get forgotten. Homosexuals should be grateful for equal rights? It's their bloody entitlement.

If you know anything about people, you'll know that your sexuality is not a choice, and therefore this idea of conversion you're inferring is a load of rubbish.

People who have issues with men acting effeminately really should find osmething better to do.

National service, great idea, let's waste our lives learning nothing...

Caporegime
I was labelled a BNP supporter (the Muslim-ish mixed-race Nigerian who was born and raised for 7 years in Nigeria) at my uni, by the student/local press because I gave UKIP a table at society sign up which they had every year :rolleyes::p.

Associate
They should get on with some bloody work and stop poncing about. Homosexuals were once grateful for legal status, they'd like to make it compulsory to be sexually "different" these days. Many of us are sick and tired of students whining about this and that and forming their sad little cliques of politically correct clap trap. No wonder some young males in the UK find the masculine, testosterone fuelled world of IS attractive when they see these lot effeminately pontificating about nothing. No wonder so many students then stumble around in the real work place. The ones whinging about the "terrible" Cecil Rhodes whilst enjoying the privilege of one of his magnanimous scholarships are particularly abhorrent. I'd give them a good dose of National Service, somewhere hot and nasty ;)

Perfectly said. Kudos!

Soldato
I really can't see the joke in there.

There's no joke in there and being on a phone makes it difficult for me to construct a long and eloquent reply. In a nutshell it's my belief that he's quite happy for equality on these matters, but that now equality is won there are new battle fronts being invented whereby everyone needs to have a label to make them special and different and in the end there is too much focus being placed on tiny minorities when really the fight is won.

In the end I think he wishes that they'd all just **** off and grow up.

Soldato
I was labelled a BNP supporter (the Muslim-ish mixed-race Nigerian who was born and raised for 7 years in Nigeria) at my uni, by the student/local press because I gave UKIP a table at society sign up which they had every year :rolleyes::p.

You. MONSTER.

Although you are forgiven if UKIP were there for comedy purposes.

Soldato

Agreed

Soldato
To clarify

No normal homosexual wants to wants to make it compulsory for anyone. In fact normal people regardless of sexuality, simply dont care about other peoples sexuality.

The fault lies with those so insecure about their sexuality because they are gay and feel the need to announce it, that they want other people to also be gay to justify their own identity.

The same way some odd straight people are so freaked out by the idea of homosexuality, they feel the need to make homosexuality anything other than a personal taste by being homophobic.

I don't care if my neighbour loves the taste of celery even though i hate it. I couldn't care less, i just don't want flyers through my door and adverts on TV telling me that its tasty and just that i have not discovered it yet, while waving a celery stick in my face. God damn celery eating *******s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom