Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Soldato
My birthday is coming up and might get a bit of money. Are fightpads any good? I find my hands at odds with each other with thumb here, thumb there, fingers there. I really struggle with the execution of V-Trigger mid-combo unless I stick it on L2 or R2 depending on character. Having all buttons on the thumbs and a better d-pad make a difference? I know it's not going to immediately make me better, but might save my thumbs!

Soldato
Yeah I've seen a few people use them. Not sure which are the good ones. There's a couple I've heard the d-pad goes on really quickly so I don't know if it's a false economy (stick vs pad).

The Hori pads look suited for 'dad grip'... Reminds me of my dad trying to play SF2 on the SNES!

Associate
I think it depends on who is available to play at the time, based on your settings.

If there's no1 at your level, the skill range through which is looks is expanded.

But to answer your question, I get matched with 2000LP while i'm at 4000LP.

Associate
Thats the 16th right? Absolutely. Games and Five Guys is a winning combo!
You guys should do a tournament on that day! :D

we should done a tournament today. there is a lot more guys than last time i was there. and not everyone got to play as much

i am pretty sure i could have gimmick some players out with the right match up (no nash please) to go 1-2 judging from today's form :)

Soldato
we should done a tournament today. there is a lot more guys than last time i was there. and not everyone got to play as much

i am pretty sure i could have gimmick some players out with the right match up (no nash please) to go 1-2 judging from today's form :)

Yeah I really should have played more games, but I was content just to chat with everyone. Next time - we'll get our games done first! and none of this LoL talk! :D
I believe that Alex is thinking about doing a tournament early June, so I'll have to make sure we bring everyone across for it again!

Soldato
To make the game MOAR fun, they are bringing Guile out.
yup. Guile.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/04/18/guile-joins-street-fighter-v-and-april-update-news

18_sf5guile01-720.jpg

Soldato
V-Skill:
Guile's Sonic Blade V-Skill allows him to drop a stationary projectile that can help him pressure opponents on their wake up. It also increases the power of his Sonic Booms, so this tool can help him win projectile wars by heightening his Sonic Boom projectile durability.

V-Trigger:
Solid Puncher V-Trigger sees Guile go into a powered up state in which he can toss continuous Sonic Booms. Each button throws out a Sonic Boom at a different speed, making for some dangerous pressure situations and even combo extension.

Critical Art:
Sonic Hurricane is back! Guile throws out a massive Sonic Boom that strikes the opponent multiple times. This Critical Art receives a damage boost when Guile is in V-Trigger.

"he can toss continuous Sonic Booms" - I'm annoyed already. :D

Associate

despite what i think about alex (basically he is god awful and i would not recommend anyone playing him), his damage and stun is really good.

here is my optimum anti air combo without super. 327 damage and 500+ stun is nothing to laugh at. two more powerbombs or one more combo and you are dead.

Guile's Sonic Blade V-Skill allows him to drop a stationary projectile that can help him pressure opponents on their wake up.

to be honest, this bit is more annoying. at least you can jump over over booms but surely you cant jump over this easily

Last edited:
Soldato
Back into this now sticks are supported. Safe to say I have an uphill battle now and am playing Ryu. His combos aren't as easy as I expected. Simple links like s.LK, s.MK Tatsu and c.LK, c.LP xx HP DP seem really inconsistent. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Can't beat the feeling of making a good read and taking 50% though. Fun times ahead.

Last edited:
Associate
hold back or down back when ever you can? for example you can do dash up, c.lk, c.lp, into fireball if you hold back as soon as you finish inputing f, f for the dash. you should get enough time to charge if you hold back during the dash animation.

bison need less charge time in his v trigger when you cancel a special move into his ex moves, for example you can follow up the flame with ex head stomp simply by doing d, u , kick quickly. very little charge if any is require for this combo

Back into this now sticks are supported. Safe to say I have an uphill battle now and am playing Ryu. His combos aren't as easy as I expected. Simple links like s.LK, s.MK Tatsu and c.LK, c.LP xx HP DP seem really inconsistent. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Can't beat the feeling of making a good read and taking 50% though. Fun times ahead.

chain the lights and buffer the dp before the c.lp even come out and use the short cut (df,d,df) for a easy 3 in 1. since s.lp hits crouching you can replace c.lp with this for a easier combo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom