The Show Off Your Tattoo Thread

Associate
tattoo.jpg

Has faded a lot in the past month so will probably get it touched up at some point.

I think that is one of the best tattoos I've ever seen.

Soldato
6eiAZMR.jpg

Outline done 3 hours. No pain though, not with my new mate Dr Numb. Nearly fell asleep. Literally just done as you can see with the cling film and the smudges.

Difficult to get the size right but the rear can be extended over the shoulder if it doesn't look quite right.

Numbing cream? :p try 7 hours on your ribs with nothing but needle noise in your ear! What made you go for Numbing cream?

Nice line work but why has the tattooist pretty much copied someone else's work?

Associate

Did all the outlines for the sleeve in a full day session last year so going back and getting the pieces coloured in in smaller sessions. Followed by a final session of filler to tie it all together. Back again on Saturday and that should be everything beneath my elbow done. Should have this sleeve done before the years out and hopefully just right onto the next one.

Soldato
Looking good!, the shading on both is excellent - really good work you have there, the rose is particularly amazing. I'm currently sizing up a full back piece from the same guy who did my two sleeves. About 70 hours+ from the sounds of it, as it's the whole back, buttons & top half of the behind legs for the traditional Japanese style!

Soldato
Thank you :) still got a small area to fit on top of my arm and also the filigree to fill in on the inside of my arm and the top of the rose. The elbow sucked, especially the white at the end! So happy my other arm is fully sleeved and I don't need to have any work done ha! 70 hours on th3 back, oooo, can't imagine how that must feel, I mean it hurts on your arm but your back must be even worse!

Caporegime
Looking for some suggestions/inspiration. I want another bit of ink. Currently I have:

- Dragon half sleeve, right arm
- Maori Manta Ray, right fore arm
- Phoenix half sleeve, left arm
- Tribal wing piece, upper back.

I am thinking of getting something on the left forearm, or extending my phoenix piece into a full sleeve. I am thinking possibly something earth related. Inadvertently I have ended up following an elemental trend for Air, Fire & Water all using animals. 2 of them mythical. So something earth/ground related might be a cool idea :) - possibly another mythical creature.

My phoenix (I will get photos posted up later) wraps around my whole arm with smoke going around it to give the impression of it rising from the ashes. It goes from my shoulder to elbow.

All of my tattoos do not have colour, so something else mono is what I am thinking.

Any suggestions welcome!

Back
Top Bottom