****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
RNG is really fun with derp guns, one game it's a laser cannon and you score a 300m kill on a hulled down tank and another it flies wild from a 20m distance.

It does get a little silly when tracks of light tanks seem to eat shells the size of France although since I've currently added a lot of them to my collection I ain't complaining ;)

Fired up my stock E75 for a first game yesterday with 50% crew and no equipment to make enough XP with a x5 bonus to unlock the tracks and despite that still had a good game acting as a battering ram. Thing is quite the side scraping monster as I was creeping towards a Tortoise who couldn't hurt me and I was just chipping away at his weakspots. Have loaded more premium ammo than usual for when I'm against tier X heavies until I unlock the top gun but I think I may just enjoy this one.

Been very expensive week too, had almost 15 million credits but bought a bunch of tier VI tanks, AMX 13 75, need to buy a Bulldog this week and I'm very close to unlocking T-54, M103 and T-10 which will happen within days of each other. Have a code for a day of premium from Razer so I'm going to have to hammer my Type 59

Soldato
RNG is really fun with derp guns, one game it's a laser cannon and you score a 300m kill on a hulled down tank and another it flies wild from a 20m distance.

It does get a little silly when tracks of light tanks seem to eat shells the size of France although since I've currently added a lot of them to my collection I ain't complaining ;) ...

Very like that for me. One game laser, next game, misses point blank. Repeatedly

Its very weird in the M4A1. Last night took out a T110 tank and a T32 but then bounced from a cromwell and AMX ELC.

The M4A1 has a surprising bouncy turret which helps on ridge lines. Though the stats would say its should be like cheese in high tier matches.

Soldato
Those ultra angles on the French stuff can troll on the odd occasion, I've bounced two direct frontal shots from the American T34 on my AMX 13 75, couldn't believe it! Same thing happens with AMX 13 AM when lights and medium break through the ranks and you're in shotgun mode.

M4A1 seems a very strange beast to me, nice collector tank but in paper I can't see why I'd get it over other other tier VIII premiums.

Soldato
Makes no sense for any experienced player.

For a mediocre/new player like me. Its cheap, makes loads of credits. I can pop out and in one shot do what it takes the CDC 2 or 3 shots. So less risk. I can also make more credits in less games. Which for me is good as I don't play that often.

I also like that is a Super Sherman. The CDC looks like an AntEater. There something fun about killing someone with a mediocre tank and a Derpy gun.

But there are times like the other night where its all IS3/6 and T9/10 and you know its going to be miserable.

Soldato
I'm actually just realising something, with me having two tier IX tanks now which even on a win can lose plenty of money and three new tier IX tanks on the way would it actually be possible to run them all without a premium account?

Soldato
I'm very close to unlocking T-54, M103 and T-10 which will happen within days of each other. Have a code for a day of premium from Razer so I'm going to have to hammer my Type 59
I've had them for a couple months, I unlocked them all at about the same time too. They're all strong tanks and you should enjoy all of them but make sure you have the free XP to unlock the top gun on the T-54 (D-10T2S), I really didn't enjoy the tank until I got it.

Permabanned
Only tier IV but the Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 is great, like a Pz J with a better gun and it always gets in as top tier.

also cheap as a cheap thing, £15 for the tank and about £15 worth of gold included (ish..)

Only thing I'd like to add is the Tetrarch but can't get them without silly money or investing into those Italeri models.

Are we talking about the same tank?
The Tetrarch was a recent freebie I think? And it's crap, I don't think I've played it more than 20 times.
Yeh, the CDC is a bit fugly.

Soldato
Was given out years ago for free but I missed out as I wasn't playing at the time, only time it has appeared for sale was as part of ridiculous packages. Fast with good gun but made out of paper, not that it matters for a tier II premium.

I've had them for a couple months, I unlocked them all at about the same time too. They're all strong tanks and you should enjoy all of them but make sure you have the free XP to unlock the top gun on the T-54 (D-10T2S), I really didn't enjoy the tank until I got it.

Yeah I'll be giving T-54 a rest until I build up enough free XP as I've spent it all on E75.

Think I am itching for a new premium tank now to help me with credits but not quite sure what yet, only thing I'd buy in a heartbeat would be the E25 but that's not likely to be available any time soon. I know Dicker Max gets a bit of a bad rep but to me it basically looks like a St Emil with a stock gun and better mobility, not to mention a tier lower.

Associate
I bought the M41 "BlackDog". It is a decent tank and makes credits.

I've just completed LT-15 II which was the last HTC mission I've had outstanding for ages. I found it tough trying to get 5000 damage/spotting. I did it twice in my T49 without having the mission selected. I've also recently completed Incinerator III without having the mission selected, that could bite me on the bum :(

Associate
I have to say that I also love the M4 Reval.

Yes the reload takes a while, but its shell speed is so quick and it feel and handles like a Sherman which always get's a thumbs up from me :)

I've also decided I want the T95e2 so with a clan mate we have invited each other and are grinding our 'reroll' accounts to get them. He want's the tank and the crew - so a little more pressure on me as I just want the tank - means I'll need to grind just over 1,000,000 exp for him...........

dammmmmmm what have I got my self in to - oh and I decided - daftly - top go the chinese tanks on this account........

Yeah GG TC

But hey I was doing swell - till I hit the Type T34 :( I forgot how gopingly aweful this thing is - yes sub 2 seconds reload is great but it's such a crap tank

Associate
Lol don't remind me of this poor life choice.

Still 2 days to get to T6 is good going I think?

They really do through a huge ammount of stuff at new players though now - all these missions, prem time, garage slots, crew retraining etc etc etc.

And I even followed my own advice - got to t6 and bought a type64 :)

I may - may - keep going with the chinese mediums as well - never played them on my main

Of the Chinese mediums the WZ-120 is the sweetspot and the T34-1 is not bad. Sadly the others are pretty lackluster.

I did enjoy most of the heavy line though until I got the 113 and then they have buffed it to be much more playable than it was. The IS-2 is the same tank as the original IS really, with better premium ammo.

Soldato
I never pursued anything on the Chinese line, really ought to I suppose since I have a soon to be 4 skill trained crew from Type 59.

Soldato
The Grille 15, replacing the Waffletrouser thingy, looks quite tasty on the test server. 279 pen / 750 dmg - 3161 dmg per min with an insane aim time of 1.4 and .26 accuracy :p plus its fast, 60 Kph fast.

I'll miss the Waffentrager Auf E100, even if it was a bit OP, it was also quite unique in play and looks.

Soldato
I have to say that I also love the M4 Reval.

Yes the reload takes a while, but its shell speed is so quick and it feel and handles like a Sherman which always get's a thumbs up from me :)...

I get a lot of grief driving it. People think its a fast light for spotting, or a med tank with some armour and scream at you for not driving like the charge of the light brigade. Usually the dead guys.

You have to be opportunists. The turret bounces a bit but not much and nothing at T10.

Back
Top Bottom