Dark Souls 3?

Caporegime
1st stage stay behind her as much as possible, I played the entire game with the lightest armour I could to make sure my dodge was effective as possible so i'd go with that, don't bother with a shield.

In the second stage when she gets her second sword out, try and keep some distance and let her attack at range. They're fairly telegraphed, especially the one where she sort of slams both swords down, roll through and hit her a couple of times then back out again. It's a bit harder to stay behind her in this stage because of all the spinning ****, but her downtime after an attack is normally long enough to get a couple of hits off... don't get greedy.

Keep an eye out for when she does her spinning combo, or AOE attacks and back out. If you have some ranged items use them.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's the second stage I'm struggling with. I try hiding behind one of the pillars but can't seem to find a opening to attack. Always get hit by something.

I only had 9 estust flasks, but have now after following a YouTube guide found 3 more so have all 12 at + 8 so hopefully that will make a difference.

Soldato
One of the harder bosses, for sure. Just be super patient, one hit, and out. I didn't even bother with a shield for her, as I found it would just get me combo'd to death, though I have heard a greatshield makes easy work of it...

Soldato
Loved bloodborne but wow was that one hard game and I did struggle with getting the game to the stages I did. but the lore and atmosphere was amazing.

Sadly, each time I see Dark Souls III I walk away and not buy it as I remember how much I struggled with bloodborne - I even had a few right old whinges on this forum only to be told to stick with it.. I did but phew was it one punishing game when you got it wrong, and I see Dark Souls III being the same lol

Wonder how many are like me and put off like this.. Its a shame they make these games so bloody challenging. As the lore is amazing - well it was in bloodborne.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Ordered this today. Absolutely loved Bloodborne (played through it 3 times as well as the DLC) and I really hope this is as good. Never played a souls game before so I'm going to take it slowly and try to explore as much as I can first play through.

Soldato
I'm trying to beat the Old Daemon king but struggling, it's so dam powerful and its fire attacks really punish me, had to give up for now and go back to another area to get through.

Soldato
I'm trying to beat the Old Daemon king but struggling, it's so dam powerful and its fire attacks really punish me, had to give up for now and go back to another area to get through.

Beat him first time with a player summon helping out, so cheating a bit. His attacks are really slow so easily avoided. Use an ember and summon someone just outside the boss room if you're getting fed up!

Soldato
Beat him first time with a player summon helping out, so cheating a bit. His attacks are really slow so easily avoided. Use an ember and summon someone just outside the boss room if you're getting fed up!

I've just realised why i saw no signs :o i was un embered lol.

Might give it a go later and summon, My friend at work refuses to use summon's and is still on the Abyss watchers, he says its cheating, but if its in the game, why not lol.

Soldato
I never understood this argument that summoning is cheating.
I enjoy co-op for the social side of it with my friend.

The mechanics of Dark Souls is based very heavily on the manipulation of enemy movements and positions. When you fight a boss, you spend much of the fight controlling what attacks they will do thus manipulating the AI - that's why I find them easy - is that cheating too?

It sounds exploitative but IMO the game is designed around that very point.

I always do like to Solo every boss first time, but my mate usually gets himself summoned before he even tries the boss, then gives it a go or summons me to join in. I don't find that to be cheating in any capacity at all.

Hell you can do your own full game together and create your own story with your characters/builds - pick unique builds that work well together and just have fun.

Caporegime
It can't be cheating if it's part of the game design, if someone can't finish the boss solo what do people expect them to do, bin the game off? Nah, summon if you need to summon.

Stay underneath/behind him.

Soldato
It can't be cheating if it's part of the game design, if someone can't finish the boss solo what do people expect them to do, bin the game off? Nah, summon if you need to summon.

Stay underneath/behind him.

I tried that but his downward flame takes half my health each time, his second wave is even worse, tried about 10 times and called it quits for a bit.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Really enjoying this but its so easy to miss things when the game doesn't really explain much. I didn't realise you could upgrade your estus flasks and I had never used the weapon skills up until I beat the first lord of cinder. Muppet

Associate
Really enjoying this but its so easy to miss things when the game doesn't really explain much. I didn't realise you could upgrade your estus flasks and I had never used the weapon skills up until I beat the first lord of cinder. Muppet

One of the things I love about the series is how much is left up to the player.

It's a world to explore and I love them, can't wait to pick this up next week while the Fiancee is on her hen-do :D

fez

fez

Caporegime
Exploration wise I completely agree but there are so many items/weapons etc that its just overwhelming at times. I guess this is just because I am used to bloodborne and that is very simplistic when it comes to weapons etc.

Soldato
Can someone please explain invasion and being invaded? After 15 hours game play I just had a message pop up saying I'm being invaded by XXXX but didn't see no one in the form of a player or anything?!

Soldato
If you're in ember form then your world can be invaded non player characters and player characters. You can usually tell which is which from their names but also the fact that non player invaders will not offer a salute but attack straight away.

Player invaders have to find you first, which might explain why you never see anyone.

Back
Top Bottom