HTC Vive

Associate
I got my Vive yesterday and it's amazing, need to clear some space now but brilliant, thought I was going to fall off a mountain and budget cuts went to lean on a frame when I looked in a room and nearly fell over very funny :)

Soldato
I got my Vive Monday, and I got my pre-order in about 10 minutes after they opened.

I'm 40 years old, been gaming for as long as I can remember. I've had a chance to try things like the GearVR, but I've held off as I wanted to full shebang.

I can honestly say my mind is blown. I've only had chance to do the Steam VR tutorial too.

Soldato
I got my Vive Monday, and I got my pre-order in about 10 minutes after they opened.

I'm 40 years old, been gaming for as long as I can remember. I've had a chance to try things like the GearVR, but I've held off as I wanted to full shebang.

I can honestly say my mind is blown. I've only had chance to do the Steam VR tutorial too.
Aye, I'm in the same age bracket and I'm still amazed by the smallest of things in Tilt Brush. I've now had several sessions in AltSpaceVR and I am reminded of a feeling I first had when I was first introduced to IRC back in the early 90's.

Soldato
Should give holopoint, audioshield, final approach, space pirate trainer, zombie training sumulator, job simulator and hover junkers a go, all great games.

Played hover junkers last night for 3 hours and I literally felt dead this morning. I'm generally pretty fit, 4-5 hours of jiu jitsu a week and loads of lifting/walking with work, but 3 hours of squatting in hover junkers has killed my legs.

Soldato
Tried PCars with the Vive patch, I'm interested to know how the proper Rift version compares in VR as IMO the graphical quality, resolution and pop-up are so bad as to make it not worth bothering with, would rather play it on my monitor. Also it seems even with a 980Ti and pretty much everything on low or medium it's still relying on Reprojection to hit 90Hz in the headset, as my monitor is showing around 45-50FPS.

Affirms my opinion that this generation of VR hardware isn't good with realistic graphics/simulations, it's strength is in cartoony or heavily artistic games.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried PCars with the Vive patch, I'm interested to know how the proper Rift version compares in VR as IMO the graphical quality, resolution and pop-up are so bad as to make it not worth bothering with, would rather play it on my monitor. Also it seems even with a 980Ti and pretty much everything on low or medium it's still relying on Reprojection to hit 90Hz in the headset, as my monitor is showing around 45-50FPS.

Affirms my opinion that this generation of VR hardware isn't good with realistic graphics/simulations, it's strength is in cartoony or heavily artistic games.

Yeah I concluded that a while a go. Cancelled my rift as tbh it is just for the immersion I'm after so vive is the answer for now. We need gen 2 and probably a refresh of the next gen pascal before we get to where we really want to be.

Don

To be fair, many of the performance issues could be because of the Revive wrapper / patch. I don't recall seeing pop in issues when playing AC in the Rift.

Back
Top Bottom