RIP Prince

Caporegime
RIP to a hugely talented genius, only after listening on the radio tonight do I now truly appreciate how wide his influence was across the popular music genre.

He wasn't a prince more a King.

Soldato
Such a talented song writer that his guitar playing often went unnoticed to the untrained eye, he was arguably a better guitarist than he was anything else, which is saying a lot.
rip.

3:30
Yea I always thought that, even if you dont especially like his music still the standard he set was the highest

Not sure what took him down, possibly flu but thats really poor care by his medical team if so.

V F

V F

Soldato
That made me think of the Last Action Hero Hamlet scene.

"Nobody is going to tell this sweet prince, goodnight"

"To be, or not to be... Not to be."

Soldato
Bowie n Prince jamming, Ronnie and Victoria busting jokes out, Daniels pulling rabbits out of hats, Rickman monologuing and Wogan hosting the show, I'm not ready for a seat just yet but sounds like a reet show. RIP

Man of Honour
Wow... I'm not a fan, but damn...

R.I.P.

I would link to a great story about Prince by Kevin Smith, but it's Kev... so not really safe. ;) Can be easily found online though. It is half an hour long though.

Associate
I've got a loft full of old vinyl/tapes and loads of 12" American imports and after 30 years i managed to see the little fella in concert in Manchester in 2014. I managed to film this from the Manchester concert in 2014. I don't know the girls name, but i'm sure it was Prince's girlfriend at the time ...

Caporegime
Like Bowie, I wasn't a massive fan, but it's clear just how influential he was. He was a bit of an idiot at times, like when he broke some guy's 1961 Epiphone on purpose a few years back, but I'm sure he'll be missed. RIP.

Associate
Time is the song that will stand out for me. I never understood the line 'high on crack tooting a machine gun' as a kid. Makes a bit more now lol.

RIP indeed. An amazing musician.

Song is called Sign o the times. It's 'toting a machine gun' not tooting. Very relevant song still.

Very underated guitarist .(skip to 3:29)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom