Racket and Clank 2016

Associate
Looks awesome. If anyone is considering buying this, then good news: pre-order price is £28 on Amazon. It does run at 30fps, but it looks just like a CGI movie: amazing. This is a very worthy remake they seemed to have changed a fair bit of the game, even compared to the PS3 version. Unlike many other games... *cough* Twilight Princess HD *cough* Halo Anniversary *cough* God of War 3 remastered *cough* (not to say that the games themselves are bad, but the remakes were ****-poor effort).

Soldato
Getting a ps4 today, this looks really tempting. Can I jump straight in or do i have to play previous games?

Its a remastering of the original PS2 game, + some tie ins to the film.

So I would say its a good place to start. Would recommend the other games though, can get a few of them on PS Now

Soldato
It's £28 on the forest for that comment up there regarding getting it when it hits th e£20 mark.. Is it out today?

Oooh £26.99 on Gameseek free delivery. How are they if anyone knows?

Last edited:
Soldato
There's certainly a lot more detail in the PS4 version. I didn't realise the game was the same, just with updated graphics. In which case it seems £28+ is a bit of a con...

Why is it a con? The entire game's been remade and it's not identical to the original either. Seems a perfectly fair price.

Associate
Played it last night, i've got a version of this on the vita that I played for about 30sec (my attention span is shocking sometimes!) however I had that rare feeling of just another level when playing this.
The graphics look more like a CGI movie to me than a game if that makes sense, really impressed.

Soldato
Well, that was my weekend taken up.

Started playing it 6.30pm Friday, Completed story mode, then went on to complete challenge mode thrice, got the platinum ps4 trophy all by 4pm Sunday.

Would love to know my total playtime, was a right hermit the whole weekend.

Loved every second of it though, it is a great game. Sort of missed a couple of the jokes from the original they had taken out. Eg when the first meet the plumber is completely different, the magniboots get stuck to clank the first time he picks them up. There were a couple of others I picked up on, but can't remember.

A couple of characters were taken out whom I enjoyed from the first game, Fitness course instructor and the camera crew in Rilgar.

Liked the change of weapons, a couple in the original were lacking a bit and i hardly ever used, but the new one seemed a good variety.

Overall, big fan..

The graphics seem cheated when you compare PS2 / PS3 at 60fps.

I think the Ps3 version was just an upscale of the original released as PS Classics on the PS3 store, its still the original game, not the new one. At the 1:00 mark you cant see him lose some life, which is the same health bar as the old game, not the new. So not really comparable to the PS4 version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom