**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
I am tempted by this; my Z3 headphone socket is giving up the ghost.

I was actually considering the iPhone 6S Plus as well, but its just sooo expensive even if it is a good piece of hardware.

I've always liked the look of the 6P but have read far too many reports about it sounding fairly rubbish out of the headphones (both flat/dull sounding and not very loud, not to mention some saying it didn't grip the headphone jack too well). Considering what's just happened to mine, and how much I listen to music, this probably is a deal breaker which is a shame as it's so nice in every other respect.

Can anyone comment on this aspect (especially if you like decent audio)? I've had some pretty good phones for audio in the past including the Z3, HTC M7 and M8 and iPhone 5S. I desperately want this to not be trailing too far behind, but I fear it ain't so...

Soldato
My 6P refused to wake/turn on? this morning, been online to Google chat and they are sending a replacement out, might go for a Nexus 5x as I can't get used to the size...

MM here we come...........

Associate
Im looking to upgrade from my trusty lg g2 and im considering getting one of these, the only thing putting me off is the size. Can anyone who has come from a normal sized phone to this comment on it (likes or regrets?)
Not sure what else to consider (no bloatware, great screen, marshmallow, 3gb ram and 32gb minimum space)........

Caporegime
I came from a nexus 5 to the 6P, tried it for over a week when first released and not so long ago recently but couldn't get on with the size, main issues being pocketability, didn't matter what, jacket, jeans, shirts etc. it just felt like you were carrying a tablet around all the time and of course one handed usage whilst on the go was a no no, at least for me.

Got a 5X recently along with the 6P and the 5X feels a heck of a lot better for one handed usage and pocketability and even better than the N5 despite it being bigger.

5X isn't as impressive as the 6P in areas like the speakers, build & screen but it is still a great device and the screen is arguably one of the best for LCD.

Associate
14 day return policy from Google - give it a try

Think I might.

32Gb or 64Gb - any comments? I've got 64Gb SDcard in the Sony at the moment, but in reality, as per usual, its not full, and half the stuff on it isn't used that often.

Mind, I prefer the frost white colour - but thats only available in 64Gb. Then again, I'll just be putting a case on it anyway, so I guess the colour doesn't matter.....

As for the guy asking about going from a G2 to this, I got really used to the size of my old OPO (5.5") and it was a bit of a come down when I had to change it for the Z3.

Soldato
Managed to smash my screen this morning, I think its just the digitiser , has anyone had any repairs done yet?

edit:

Had a few quotes ranging from £239 - lol to £75 which is a bit more palatable but it looks like its a real pain in the arse to repair. the digitiser cant be separated from the screen so the whole assembly needs to be replaced.

Where was the £75?

managed to crack the screen. It isn't terrible, and perfectly usable, but enough to annoy me a bit. Asked CPW for a repair price and they came out with £170 which seems a bit much...

Bought it on play store. Google chat said call Huawei. Huawei gave me the number of their third party service guys, who had me on hold for about 10 minutes and didn't answer. Need to ring them back, but thought i'll see what others have done...

Associate
So I've has this for a few months and the battery life has gotten pretty bad.

With just over 3hrs screen on

I've turned off more notifications today to see if that helps but I had hoped this would be the phone that would actually let me have them turned on and still last all day

Associate
Yeah my phone is in my pocket all day and I thought doze only worked when it was flat and stationary? I was listening to podcasts that day yes but days when I don't I get maybe an extra hour or 2. I'm still charging it at lunch time just to make sure I get through the evening.

I'll try a clean start tonight and see if that improves anything.

Soldato
OP
Yeah my phone is in my pocket all day and I thought doze only worked when it was flat and stationary? I was listening to podcasts that day yes but days when I don't I get maybe an extra hour or 2. I'm still charging it at lunch time just to make sure I get through the evening.

I'll try a clean start tonight and see if that improves anything.

3-5hrs SoT seems about the norm so I think you're ok.

Depends on your usage/brightness/signal etc.

Back
Top Bottom