Good Cheap Server - HP Proliant Microserver 4 BAY - OWNERS THREAD

Permabanned
Is it that impossible to run a cable?or are you just being lazy?:D

I had cables running in our house in France... I always prefer to run cables where possible.

Here... not so much... although to be honest I haven't asked building management - just knowing Swiss aesthetic regulations I am pretty certain they will say no.

We have a first floor apartment and apartments over here come with a basement storage room... the storage room is on the same electrical loop so that if we use electricity down there it is billed to us... but it seems to be a bit too far.

So it's not that it wouldn't be technically possible... it's just that building management will say no.

Although... there is some trunking in the wall for the electrical cables... I've been looking at how people feed cables through it... seems it's vacuum + string + cable to get it all through... i've been thinking about trying it but haven't been able to trace where the routing to the basement goes.

Associate
Had two WD 6TB Reds in my Gen8, just added a third for all that extra lovely disc space (12TB) :)

I have read that the array cannot be expanded as the controller does not have a cache, this is a big downside for me as i want to be able to easily add additional disks as my storage needs grow. Are you using RAID in your gen8?

Back
Top Bottom