Forza 6 (Apex) coming to PC near you, soon....

Soldato
Downloaded it this morning. Fire it up...goes to title screen with blue Ford GT...press 'A to start'...then nothing. I get some kind of grey window appear that is blank, but just loops at title screen.

Any ideas (4770K + 980ti).

Soldato
It's a beta.

"It’s not quite the full-fat Forza Motorsport package, that’s reserved for paying Xbox One customers for the moment, but Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is a sort of greatest hits compilation. There are 63 cars, 20 circuit configurations across six locations and a 12 event ‘showcase tour’ featuring wet weather and night racing."

Permabanned
Downloaded it this morning. Fire it up...goes to title screen with blue Ford GT...press 'A to start'...then nothing. I get some kind of grey window appear that is blank, but just loops at title screen.

Any ideas (4770K + 980ti).

That happened to me yesterday. Unfortunately there is no way to verify downloads or atleast I couldn't find where the .exe was and check file size. I just uninstalled and downloaded it again and it worked second time around.

Associate
Only managed to play 30 mins of it last night, I ended up re building a mates PC.

The tutorial race is naughty with the auto braking and auto steering??? I pushed the stick on my Xbox controller left it either didn't turn left or it actually turned right xD.

Luckily turning all assists off at the end fixed that issue :)

And for some reason the game tells me my system is not up to scratch to run ultra at 1080p, ok pal ill just throw my 980 and OC'd 3770k in the bin.

I guess im not going to get away with my 7950 anymore then :(

Caporegime
Is this a demo of some sort?

Forza 6: Apex is a cut down, Single Player only Forza game for PC, with 6 tracks and 63 cars, and will be released on Windows 10 soon for Free through the Windows Store.

Whats available now is the first Open Beta release of it, with limited support for PC specific resolutions and aspect ratios, and no wheel support yet.

Soldato
Right, got my replacement 980ti, drivers are on latest. STILL cannot even download as I don't have a device with more features?!

It's DX12, 980ti and specs in my sig. Getting annoyed now.

Derp, closed store via task manager, button works :3

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Oooh I'd forgotten about this, as someone whos played a lot of FM6 on the XB1 I'm interested on how it plays. Will DL tonight.

Soldato
lol and there you was saying just earlier it will be disappointing and don't expect much.

You know what they say about assumptions ;)

Yeah but I also posted why I said that ;) I would just rather go into a game thinking its going to be a bit rubbish then to be pleasantly surprised how good it is. I have a tendency to get to excited about something only to be let down when I play it, so its a bit of reverse thinking.

This game could be incredible it really could, I'm so impressed with the first beta release. Can you imagine a full fat Forza 7 with all the bells and whistles.

Soldato
Getting errors out the backside at the moment.

Yes update is latest, latest drivers. I've reset the winsock (and others as recommend to fix errors), refreshed the store cache and rebooted.

Errors now:

"Something went wrong on our end" 0x80240438

Disabled Ipv6 and that hasn't helped either.

Last edited:
Suspended
Yeah but I also posted why I said that ;) I would just rather go into a game thinking its going to be a bit rubbish then to be pleasantly surprised how good it is. I have a tendency to get to excited about something only to be let down when I play it, so its a bit of reverse thinking.

This game could be incredible it really could, I'm so impressed with the first beta release. Can you imagine a full fat Forza 7 with all the bells and whistles.

Oh yes indeed, it's confirmed we are getting all future Forza's though right? so Forza 7 and Horizon 3 which I'm especially excited for. Loved Horizon 2.

Soldato
I'm impressed with Forza. Never played it on xbox but for a arcade racer it's pretty nice to look at and beta aswell. Free to down and play (had to download new windows 10 iso 115x to play and install). Really smooth my end on a 4790k @4.6 ssd install, 16 gig ram and a gtx 980. 21.9 and wheel support next please.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
it plays and looks sensational maxed out. Things will improve, support for wheels, ability to disable vsync etc etc, but for the first showing, it's very very good.

Good to hear. :)

Forza was the main reason for me getting an XB1 in the first place, and its a great game (minus the retards in the lobbies)

Would be great to see Horizon on the PC too.

Back
Top Bottom