• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
Anyone who offers less than £350 for a 980Ti is quite frankly taking the mickey...

Why? You could get a 980Ti brand new for £450 before Christmas, brand new and Nvidia have just announced that they are bringing out a card in June for just over £300 that beats a Titan X!

I think anyone who wants more than that is taking the mickey!

Associate
just seen a 980 Ti on ebay for £350 :p
Personally even at that price I wouldn't pay that much even if I had a 980 Ti and wanted to go SLI because if that was the case I'd just sell up and buy 2 1070s

Associate
£200 and I may bite myself :)

£250 is too much when you consider the card is second hand merchandise, the 1070 has 2gb extra vram and will run much cooler and quieter and on lower power. Then on top of that new drivers will focus on pascal and therefore the new card will get more performance down the road.

Conclusion, got to be bonkers to pay above £250 for a second hand 980Ti now :p

Associate
Will we see a price crash on the Titan X now that it's been surpassed by the 1080 ?

I don't think so. It was announced a month ago or so, that 980Ti production was stopped. I believe that the Titan X production was stopped even before then, so it probably won't become any cheaper than it is now as all the stores will feel the shortage of them anyway.

Real world benches are needed and if the 1080 is on par with a clocked 980ti give and take I see no reason to get one...

Might aswell wait until 1080ti.

But then again, if we wait until 2017 to get the 1080Ti, then it's better to wait for another half a year and get a 1180. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the wait anymore. Yes, it will have HBM2 and more power than 1080, but the price will be extremely high. This time the performance leap between 980 and 1080 is so big, that there are only two ways how it can end:
1. Video Games will suddenly become even more demanding and that will kill off the Kepler completely and will greatly reduce the performance of Maxwell.
2. Video Games won't become more demanding so sudden, but 1080Ti and Titan won't be as powerful as everyone expects them to be.

Don't forget that they are already working on the next generation which will come after pascal, for 2017 Q3/Q4-2018 and the 1180 will have to be even more powerful than the 1080 Ti. How would they justify the upgrade to those cards, if video games would not become more demanding? On the other hand, there might not be a Ti version at all, maybe just the new Titan with HBM 2 priced at £999 or £1199 or whatever... AMD won't be an obstacle until 2017 for sure and even then I expect them to have the performance of 1080. At the end of the day, 1080 is already more than most of us need. It also has a new SLI technology which allows for the combination to achieve even better results. It has DP 1.4, it's all future proofed already until at least 2018.

Soldato
Anyone who offers less than £350 for a 980Ti is quite frankly taking the mickey...

Sorry, it's old 28nm tech now(a change of node hasnt happened for a while), not fully supportive of DX 12, less memory, slower memory. Not likely to receive as much attention from the software side either. Still a good card, yes, but surpassed in performance by the new cards soon and also in features and technology.

We all value things differently, I reckon £180 to £220 is a decent price for a 980Ti second hand, £300ish new
I'd rather pay £600 (might be cheaper) for example for a 1080 than £450 for a Ti new. £400, nahhhhh. £350..bit more tempting. £300, maybe. Second hand prices often 30% cheaper even just days old, so knock off 50% for an older card and down to £150ish - but £180 as it's still decent :D
But that's my belief in value.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Used TI's everywhere! gonna have to hit £200 for me to bite.

Late to rise on a Sat?

There's another one now and prices are a tumbling...

They'll probably be ~£320 new with a game bundle chucked in to sweeten the deal come 1070 release/6 weeks...:p

£200 and I may bite myself :)

£250 is too much when you consider the card is second hand merchandise, the 1070 has 2gb extra vram and will run much cooler and quieter and on lower power. Then on top of that new drivers will focus on pascal and therefore the new card will get more performance down the road.

Conclusion, got to be bonkers to pay above £250 for a second hand 980Ti now :p

980ti/TX sellers right now:

xe2eC8a.gif

:p

EDIT:

In all honesty though, if I had a TX or 980ti, I would be waiting it out till the next TI/titan, imo there isn't really much point jumping to a 1070/1080 from a highly OC 980ti

Back
Top Bottom