• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DOA graphics card?

Associate
So I've just received my gtx 980ti in the post (also upgraded my psu to a 1050w). I've removed the drivers for the old gpu, installed the new GPU and the computer won't post (tried it without the GPU and it boots fine. And it works with my old GPU). Is the card DOA or am I missing something? I've tried switching between them multiple times so I'm sure all card must be seated and all cables connected properly. Any pointers?

Associate
OP
Just had the thing booting (without connecting the GPU to power) after tinkering with bios settings. Powered down to attach it to the power and connect the monitor and keyboard and now back to no power. Guess that means the GPU isn't dead after all

Associate
OP
Computer now powers on with the new GPU seated (without being connected to PSU) message on screen asking to power down & connect the PCI e cables (which I have done) and now it doesn't power again. Have I not cleared the cmos properly?

Associate
Try legacy graphics support (or something like that) in the Bios. It worked for me when I had a 280X on my Gigabyte board. Can you try card in another machine? If card is borked get your money back and wait for 1070/1080.

Soldato
But there will be enough to power up motherboard and a ssd and the 980ti, you don't need all your hard drives to test just the os drive.

Back
Top Bottom