Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Not long back from a ride and the idiots are out today.
Had 2 people pull out on me. first was coming out of the hurt arms on the way to matlock bath, stupid woman didn't even look. luckily I seen her moving before I got to close so was already on the brakes. gave her a loud rev of the bike. The other was up on the moors, again didn't see me even with the lights on, dam half wits.

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't been riding all that long but I have realised in my 9 months or so that people will just pull out on you even when they do see you, epsecially at roundabouts, I guess there are just some people out there of the opinion that Well you're just going to have to brake for me because you're on a bike so you'll be seriously injured if you don't whereas I'll just have a damaged car :mad::(

Soldato
Is it just me or does anyone else go and ride their bikes rather than sit @ a pub with their bike parked up all day like I see most 'bikers' do?

Soldato
So do I normally, although it's nice to stop off at the usual bikey spots to have a gander at all the stuff that's out for a Sunday blast.

And sometimes there's nothing wring with sitting in a pub garden watching all the bikes fly by :D

But normally - ride, quick stop for a drink/gander at some bikes - ride some more. :D

Oh and: You know summer has arrived when it's dusk and all you can hear is birds singing and an inline 4 at WOT down the local bypass/motorway sliproad a mile away :D

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
We had that chat today during training, some people ride to a pub that's 15-20 miles away. Sit there all day staring at their bike and than they go back home...

Soldato
I saw three people today on bikes together, had helmets on but no other gear, tshirts and shorts, 2 of them were supermotos and an old Ninja of some sort, none of the bikes had plates :o

Soldato
Part of me would laugh and just think it's some guys having some fun, but then I think about the fact they're probably stolen and all the **** people like that cause with insurance etc :(

Soldato
Mmm yeah I regularly see a couple of kids on pit bikes that don't even wear helmets going around, no clue about how traffic works and people have to slam their brakes on for them.

If I had the opportunity at that age I probably would have had a go on a bike like that for fun but these kids really take the pee, the police won't go after them in case they fall off and hurt themselves bless them.

Soldato
Ahh yes, won't be long before I see the usual 125cc L plater riding in shorts, t-shirt and flipflops... :rolleyes:

Say a rider and female pillion today, both in t-thirts. I wasn't that warm!

Had my merino wool base layer top on today, worked well - didn't get sweaty or too hot, awesome.

Man of Honour
Do you do your own servicing on your triple?

I do the simple stuff like chain and sprocket changes, exhaust changes, wheel removal for tyre changes, fluid changes, filter changes etc.

I don't mess around with anything complicated.

We get it you live in motorcycle Mecca :p

Keep up the back chat and you won't be invited to the OcUK meet here :p

Soldato
Ended up going on a 30 mile bicycle ride and was gutted I didn't really ride my motorbike other than a quick trip to the shops.

Was going to go on a ride with my friend but he has to get a new tyre and postponed until the weekend. His front tyre is in a very bad way though. Surprised it hasn't blown out!
2DPb.jpeg

Probably going to go to South Wales if anyone can recommend good roads

Soldato
Ended up going on a 30 mile bicycle ride and was gutted I didn't really ride my motorbike other than a quick trip to the shops.

Was going to go on a ride with my friend but he has to get a new tyre and postponed until the weekend. His front tyre is in a very bad way though. Surprised it hasn't blown out!
2DPb.jpeg

Probably going to go to South Wales if anyone can recommend good roads

That's just plain ******* stupid. How the hell does he leave it to get that bad?

Back
Top Bottom