Best online photo printing service?

Soldato
I have some nice photos from recent holidays silo'd away on my hard drive. I want to liberate some of them and put them in an album. Which printing service do you recommend?

Associate
DSL Colour Labs are recommended fairly regularly for quality prints. I've used them before and they are good, you just have to make sure the colour/print settings of your photos matches the printers that they have, otherwise the colours end up wildly different. A bit of a polava.

I've also used Snapfish for cheap prints and they were good. I'm guessing the same thing applies for the colours, although I printed B&W stuff here so it wasn't as important.

And

And

Associate
Very subjective as what works for one may not suit others but I've found Photobox (on glossy) have always come out very true to the image I've supplied (as sRGB jpeg).

Associate
Probably everyone knows a good service for printing photos, of course, if you are engaged in photography for a long time. But sometimes it's interesting to hear feedback from other people!
And I'm wondering, do you use photoshop? I just started to study this program, I really liked these freebies

If you edit your pictures in Photoshop, Gimp et al, switch off the photo lab's image optimisation feature!

Associate
AVOID ! DSL Colour Labs - HAD A really bad experience with them! ordered a A1 Art Print costing me £30 and it was Terrible. Ink marks on all corners of the image and blotchy ink build up on lots of areas.! I won't be using them again. first order as well so left a bad impression

Back
Top Bottom