Oculus Rift

Soldato
Just got in on the closed beta for Redbull Air Race: The Game from Slightly Mad Studios... it's already running on Rift.

Can't wait to get my rudder pedals, then I can set up my warthog finally - this game should be a lot of fun if the limited go I had was any indication! Look forward to trying it out some more once with pedals and stick... I don't reckon it's for those who get motion sick though!

Signed up for this yesterday but not received a beta key yet. :(

Soldato
I signed up quite a while ago - luckily stumbled across a Reddit post about it being open for applications.

It's pretty rough around the edges at the mo regarding the UI and overall experience. Just hooked up my warthog sans rudder pedals (still waiting for MFGs!) and it was already a lot of fun... Did miss having a rudder though!

If this gets the same level of polish as project cars by the time it releases its going to be one hell of a fun rift game.

Associate
Everyone waiting has moved up one spot.......cancelled my pre-order today (ordered a few mins after launch, and was due to move next week).
Had planned to run both the Rift and Vive on separate machines, but have felt the Vive has given me my VR fix and am fairly comfortable with sticking it out with the one early adoption until the tech improves on subsequent releases.
Have been impressed with some of the Oculus demos using ReVive - but there is most certainly a dip in the immersion factor of VR experiences without a standard tracked control......obviously the addition of the touch controllers will negate that issue, but until then the Vive can facilitate both experiences, so made the call.

Soldato
I think that's a pretty fair shout...

Unless you have money to burn I don't really see any need to own both. The experience is cool, but certainly has room for improvement. I am eagerly awaiting whomsoever brings out a next gen headset with high resolution screens and eyetracking/foveated rendering - whether that is oculus, HTC or someone else remains to be seen.

It's all a lot of fun, but I do feel somewhat like I'm in the dial up days of VR.... roll on fibre optic broadband days ;)

Caporegime
Had my email saying mine has been processed and is on its way. To look out for shipping info

Had the same email and keep checking my mails but no update. Payment has been taken though, so shouldn't be long but typical that I am back to work Sunday night for 3 weeks and it will probably turn up then, giving me limited playtime :(

oh well, all good and finally on its way.

Soldato
Had my dispatch notification just before, should be here Thursday now. Looking forward to it arriving. I love my Rift, just finding the space to use it effectively is tricky. So looking forward to having the webcam tracking option of the Rift over the base station approach for use at my desk.

My order number was an 32xxx number, paid via PayPal. Can't remember when they put my original updated estimate mind you.

Permabanned
I guess we all got on the same batch mines here tomorrow. Unfortunately im enjoying the VIVE so much i cant really see any reason to keep it, be like going backwards not being able to use hands and walk about :(

Back
Top Bottom