No Man's Sky

Soldato
AFAIK theres NPCs in space so that would be the challenge when it comes to improve ship/suit etc...

We really should try and make it a metagame to attempt to find another OcUKer - love to see the game break if I found someone and took them back to a planet they havent visited but Ive mined to see exactly what the game does to their version of the planet...

From what I've read, changes to terrain aren't persisted for the player, and definitely won't be replicated to other players.

Caporegime
Don't we get it last? We should get some good feedback between the first people getting it and the release here.

There's about a 72 hour gap between the USA and us getting it which is enough time to read opinions about it and still be able to pre-order and get the bonuses if it turns out to be amazeballs.

Soldato
I tried to love Elite but just can't get into it, the hassle of trying to dock really just isn't worth it, I know it takes practice but if by the year 3000 there isn't a computer to assist then we're doing something wrong when planes can do it now... :)

Isn't there a docking computer upgrade like in the old game?

There is a docking computer in ED, you just need to buy and equip it.

Soldato
I've actually got better at docking but still a hassle and will look for the computer if I continue to play, just feels so hollow and empty. I'll leave my thoughts on ED there as getting a bit off topic.

Caporegime
I've actually got better at docking but still a hassle and will look for the computer if I continue to play, just feels so hollow and empty. I'll leave my thoughts on ED there as getting a bit off topic.

Just one more before we get back to No Man's Sky - is Elite Dangerous still coming to PS4 does anyone know?

Soldato
Just one more before we get back to No Man's Sky - is Elite Dangerous still coming to PS4 does anyone know?
I:m thinking that may get announced at E3, assuming FD are in attendance.

There's rumours that this is going to be delayed.:mad:

Noooo.... that would suck, the game is already hyped beyond any ability to deliver, more delays are just going to make matters worse :(

Soldato
It worries me they've been so cagey with letting people play the game, no large scale beta (that I know of) which makes me concerned about the state of the servers come launch. I know it's not a multiplayer game as such but there's still going to be a lot of data swirling around.

Soldato
It's only the 'Discovered by' data that's going to be replicated as far as I can tell. Still, that requires authentication which'll need to deal with the day 1 player numbers, I expect they've had a fair bit of assistance from Sony on that part though.

Delay rumours have been squished by Sony and Hello Games btw.

Soldato
It's only the 'Discovered by' data that's going to be replicated as far as I can tell. Still, that requires authentication which'll need to deal with the day 1 player numbers, I expect they've had a fair bit of assistance from Sony on that part though.

Delay rumours have been squished by Sony and Hello Games btw.

Do you have a link for the rumour squishing at all please? Can't seem to find anything at all apart from a cryptic tweet.

Soldato
The PlayStation support twitter was responding to people confirming the release date still stands. Of course possible they aren't in possession of all the facts, but meh, I'm assuming 21st June still.

Soldato
Hello, Sean Murray from Hello Games here, working extremely hard on our game, No Man’s Sky.

The game really has come together, and it’s such an incredible relief. As we sit and play it now, and as I watch playtesters every day, I can finally let myself get excited. We’re actually doing this.

However, as we approached our final deadlines, we realised that some key moments needed extra polish to bring them up to our standards. I have had to make the tough choice to delay the game for a few weeks to allow us to deliver something special.

After a short delay, No Man’s Sky will launch in Europe on 10th August in Europe, 12th August in the UK.

We understand that this news is disappointing. Making this game is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, but we are so close now, and we’re prepared to make the tough choices to get it right.

The universe of No Man’s Sky is incredibly vast. More than you can imagine. This is a type of game that hasn’t been attempted before, by a smaller team than anyone would expect, under an intense amount of expectation.

And despite all of that, development is genuinely going well. This is the hardest-working, most talented team I’ve ever worked with, and I’m so proud of what we’re doing. For all our sakes though, we get one shot to make this game and we can’t mess it up.

To the loyal community who’s stuck by our side since the unveiling of No Man’s Sky years ago, we hope you’ll accept our sincere apology and I am humbly asking that you’ll still look forward to exploring our universe despite the slight delay.

Thank you so much,

Sean

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/05/28/an-update-on-no-mans-sky/

Why the hell are we in the UK having to wait for an extra few days? Hello games is less than 30 minutes from me and Europe get it first?

Back
Top Bottom