New Build - £800 Budget

Associate
Hi guys,

My friend is after a new build and I figured you guys have helped me in the past so I hope you can help me now!

He has a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, Windows 10 and an SSD.

He needs:

Case
Motherboard
GPU
CPU
RAM
Cooling
Fans
HDD

Associate
OP
Hi again
So, I figured I'd bump this instead of making another thread considering its for the same person.

So, my friend has £850 for a new build, of which he needs the following:

CPU (preferably Intel)
CPU Heatsink
Motherboard
SSD
HDD
PSU
RAM

He plans on buying a 1070 when they're released for the GPU and will be picking a case out for himself as well as already owning Windows 10.

He wants it to be able to run the majority of games at decent levels as well as being some what future proof for a while.

The specs that fellow member stulid put seem really good, but given its been a few weeks is there anything better I could get him for the prices?

Planning on ordering most of it this week and then buying the GPU when its out.

Thanks again for your help guys, I really value the information you guys give and have helped me massively in the past.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
£850 for just those parts or with a 1070?

£850 including the 1070. (Of which we want to order from Overclockers as well, but we're not sure what the final price will be.)

I imagine its a bit of an ask, so he knows it wont be extremely powerful, but powerful enough to run say, Doom at 60fps and the new Total Warhammer game at decent settings.

Soldato
It would probably be best to sit tight until the 1070 is launched. I think you would have to shop around to have any chance of building this system with a 1070 for £850. That said depending on the monitors resolution the 1070 you might not need a 1070.

Associate
OP

Thank you, will take a look. :)

It would probably be best to sit tight until the 1070 is launched. I think you would have to shop around to have any chance of building this system with a 1070 for £850. That said depending on the monitors resolution the 1070 you might not need a 1070.

His monitor is only 1080p, no higher, but he wants to future proof himself for a few years, and now he's seen just how good the 1070 and 1080's are, he wants one. He has said his budget can be flexible to a degree if needed, so I'll see what he says.

Thank you both for your input tho, much appreciated. :)

Soldato
It's probably worth mentioning that the Pascal cards still have the DX12 hardware level compatibility question hanging over them.

Back
Top Bottom