Samsung LS34E790C - Curved 34" 21:9 super-wide

Soldato
Had a strange issue with this monitor last night. My screen goes off into standby if its inactive for 10 minutes. Normally when this happenes you get the blue light flashing on the bottom right of the monitor to show its on standby. This happened last night that the screen went off into standby but the blue flashing light wasn't showing... the screen was just black and it wouldn't wake up. I had to turn everything off at the mains.
It loaded up and the text on my shortcuts had gone from white to pink....lol
It seems okay now after switching it off all night but is that something for me to be worried about?

Associate
Hi all,

I'm very interessted in this monitor. I read a lot of reviews and the only negative aspect for me are the viewing angeles. So here is the question -> Are the viewing angles good enough for two people sitting in front of the monitor?
Or are they too bad?

Any answer would be appreciated. :)

Associate
Ex3cu3r: no problem for two people to watch the screen at the same time. The viewing angels are not bad at all.

What is the proper way to install .icm files? over the years i've tried installing these in the color profile but i've never seen any change. i must be doing something wrong.

Another question, is the monitor supposed to be "default PNP monitor" (not sure about the exact english translation, i have it in swedish). You'd think it would say Samsung or similar..

Associate
I just picked this up, have it now 1 day, and I discovered a black dust on the right side of my panel, it annoys me me soooo much!!!

Other than that, it's glorious. But gotta sent it back, and get a new one hopefully without dust/dirt.

Switched from a 27" 1080p Monitor, and the clearness espcially in Games is ridiculous, I would never imagine that 80 vs almost 110ppi makes so much difference.

Last edited:
Associate
Waiting now for the GTX 1080, switching from a GTX 770 2GB. :D

20160519_171110neuu6t7pjh.png

Associate
Nice!

I've just bought one too. Nice monitor, upgraded from a 29" ultrawide Dell. Only bad thing for me that you can't overclock it.

Was also gonna pair it with a 1080 but not at those prices for the reference version. :(

Associate
It is a stunning monitor. I will be sad to see mine go but couldnt resist acer x34 predator and gsync.

The beauty of this monitor though is no fear of blb which is a very real risk/ certainty with all other widescreens.

TBH a second hand 980ti would be more than enough for 60hz at this res.

Associate
I have maybe a problem with this Monitor

Here is the deal: My graphicard (GTX 770) died a couple of weeks ago after sending the first bad sample back, with my old card I used to use Displayport with 60hz Overdrive to standard didn't looked to bad response wise or I didn't noticed anything bad in terms of my old TN 60 Hz.

Soo I sent the first sample back after 2/3 Days because of dust on the panel, the second sample is perfect no dead Pixel or anything, but I am using this one now with the Intel HD 4600 via HDMi with 50Hz no Displayport available. But now I have really bad motion clarity it's so bad that it even hurt my eyes if anything moves from left to right or the otherway.

So my question can anybody confirm extreme ghosting (just move your browser from left to right and look at the text) @ Hdmi @ 50Hz? I can't buy a new graphic card atm, no money and waiting for the GTX 1080.

EDIT 1: After using the search function for this thread I found this post: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27634946&postcount=393

EDIT 2: Found the Amazon Post:

"Had this monitor for a week and am happy with it. this is my first 21:9 monitor and so far I find the experience very interesting. I am coming from a 120hz S27A950D and with this being a VA panel, my first concern was ghosting. happy to say ghosting looks minimal and surprisingly less than the S27A850 (PLS) from my perspective. I did not measure input lag. I did notice some horrible ghosting/stuttering when using hdmi (native res with 50hz) but that all went away when using displayport."

Hopefully they are right, the bad thing is I can only confirm this later on when I got a new Card with DisplayPort :D :D :D

Last edited:
Associate
I used to have one of these monitors and it was brilliant. By the way, 50hz over hdmi might appear a bit shaky as I believe the monitor converts everything to 60hz so you end up with some skipping/judder.

You'll need to setup a custom resolution to force 60hz over HDMI, that will sort out the judder etc, not so sure on the ghosting but I never noticed it much when I was doing this.

Associate
Can't do custom resoultion on intel hd graphics. But I changed the resoultion to 1440p 16:9 an then I can use 60hz over hdmi. But that didn't affect the blur at all. :(

Has everyone kept this monitor here? ^^

your sentence with the judder sounds hopefully right, this monitor might be useless with hdmi because the sideways blur from moving objects is crazy.

The funny thing it's only sideways, moving the browser fast up and down doesn't show the crazy blur. Need to get a card with DP soon.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't do custom resoultion on intel hd graphics. But I changed the resoultion to 1440p 16:9 an then I can use 60hz over hdmi. But that didn't affect the blur at all. :(

Has everyone kept this monitor here? ^^

your sentence with the judder sounds hopefully right, this monitor might be useless with hdmi because the sideways blur from moving objects is crazy.

The funny thing it's only sideways, moving the browser fast up and down doesn't show the crazy blur. Need to get a card with DP soon.
Change overdrive.

Back
Top Bottom